What's new

What Is The Most Accurate Hygrometer To Put In Mason Jar For Jar Curing?

MajorGrindage

I am planning on jar curing my flowers after a slow full plant hang dry.

I am going to be using the method where you put a hygrometer in the jar, and slowly burp it everyday until the humidity levels out around 60% in the jar. THIS IS THE METHOD IM TALKING ABOUT: https://www.icmag.com/threads/a-perfect-cure-every-time.153733/

My question is: Which hygrometer would you recommend that fits in a mason jar, and that is accurate? I have tried a few brands so far, and they all read slightly different temperatures/humidities when placed next to each other, so they are not calibrated properly.

Regardless of price, i will pay whatever i need to to get the most accurate hygrometer.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

PadawanWarrior

I am going to be using the method where you put a hygrometer in the jar, and slowly burp it everyday until the humidity levels out around 60% in the jar. THIS IS THE METHOD IM TALKING ABOUT: https://www.icmag.com/threads/a-perfect-cure-every-time.153733/

My question is: Which hygrometer would you recommend that fits in a mason jar, and that is accurate? I have tried a few brands so far, and they all read slightly different temperatures/humidities when placed next to each other, so they are not calibrated properly.

None of those cheap hygrometers are super accurate. I buy some and lay them all out to see which ones are close to the real humidity. Usually they're within a couple points. Sometimes I'll get a pack that's way off and I'll send them back until I get a decent pack.

I just tried Grove Bags last time and they make it a lot easier. No need for burping if the RH isn't higher than 65%. After a few weeks they were stabilized so I put them in jars since the RH seemed to keep dropping in the bags.

Sackattack2010

get an old school hygrometer one with a dial thatll let you calibrate it with a screw driver..
You get a gatorade bottle cap or something similar in dimension. Fill it up with salt add water til its just under a slurry consistency( many videos on youtube )stick both the bottle cap and the hydrometer in a sandwich bag..
If priperly calimbrated it should hold at (I believe) 75

IC GLASS

Regardless of price, i will pay whatever i need to to get the most accurate hygrometer.

For jar curing, the Caliber IV hygrometer is a great choice—it’s small enough to fit in a mason jar and pretty accurate. Another good option is the SensorPush, which connects to your phone for real-time readings. Both are reliable and will help you keep the humidity right around 60% for curing.

Latest posts

Latest posts