What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Washington Patients: URGENT! Save Medical - Sign I-1372

Hello WA Patients,

After the dismal failure of the (pathetic) effort to stop SB-5052 someone made me aware of I-1372 which was actually filed in January and has had very little exposure on the boards.

If enough signatures are gathered between now and July if will land on the November ballot for a popular vote.

This is currently our only hope of preserving availability of affordable meds to the majority of patients in Washington.

It will also protect the privacy of patients. SB-5052 claims an "optional" state registry. The reality is that if you want to grow 5 or more plants or be allowed to possess a reasonable quantity of meds you WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER. Also, if you want to participate in the lame version of a collective that it allows you WILL BE REQUIRED TO REGISTER.

For more info see:
http://www.cppwa.org/

Full text of the initiative:
http://sos.wa.gov/_a...nalText_715.pdf

If you would like a copy of the initiative to gather signatures there is a link to the PDF on the CPPWA website. If you are unable to print it (it MUST be 11x17 double sided) please contact me and I will find a way to get you a copy.

Dispensary Owners: If you don't already have a copy of this for your patients to sign please let me know and I will get you a copy. Or as an alternative I can send you some McDonalds job applications for you and your staff as if we fail again you will all be looking for new jobs next year.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent James! Every dispensary should have a copy so patients can sign this. Has anyone contacted the dispensaries?

I-1372 Gathers Signatures To Protect & Strengthen Medical Cannabis

Signatures are being gathered to qualify for this November ballot. The deadline for gathering the 246,372 signatures from register voters required to qualify is July 2, 2015. It is our belief that this can be accomplished if every qualifying patient were to sign or every registered voter in Seattle would sign at once.

Excellent James! Every dispensary should have a copy so patients can sign this. Has anyone contacted the dispensaries?

I-1372 Gathers Signatures To Protect & Strengthen Medical Cannabis

Signatures are being gathered to qualify for this November ballot. The deadline for gathering the 246,372 signatures from register voters required to qualify is July 2, 2015. It is our belief that this can be accomplished if every qualifying patient were to sign or every registered voter in Seattle would sign at once.

I do not know to what level the dispensaries have been made aware of this initiative.

I do know that if I was running a dispensary I would be paying close attention to legislation and initiatives that affected my well being.

I will be contacting dispensaries in Snohomish & Skagit Counties next week to find out.

Would you like to get on the phone and contact dispensaries in your area and see what they are doing?

We can get copies of the petition in their hands if they don't already have it.

I would encourage you to ask everyone you know if they have signed. If they haven't then lets have someplace to send them to sign.

If anyone needs a copy of the petition, electronic or paper, let me know and we will find a way to get it to you.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good work James. I have asked the MMJ Universe if they have seen this initiative. She is very active and goes to Olympia when they are debating the MMJ laws. Time is running out it seems.

dddaver

Veteran
I wonder if this might get a little more attention and a few more signatures if besides just calling dispensaries to see if they have the form, a link to a pdf, or something, of the form itself, might be posted so that patients can print it out, sign it, and mail it in.

There are many qualified patients that have a hard time even walking, or whatever condition, or just don't like dispensaries, or even any dispensary is a long way away, so a visit to any dispensary for any reason, is a major undertaking. That might help. Of course the address of where to mail it, if not on the form already, might need to be posted.

The form might even be able to just be scanned and posted by anybody and do it that way.