What's new

Warning! 12 Brands of Dehumidifiers Recalled Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards

I saw this on another forum and just thought it should be posted here in case anyone has one of these faulty dehumidifiers plugged in

This recall involves 20, 25, 30, 40, 45, 50, 65 and 70-pint dehumidifiers with brand names Danby, De’Longhi, Fedders, Fellini, Frigidaire, Gree, Kenmore, Norpole, Premiere, Seabreeze, SoleusAir and SuperClima.

Sold at:
AAFES, HH Gregg, Home Depot, Kmart, Lowe’s, Menards, Mills Fleet Farm, Sam’s Club, Sears and other stores nationwide and in Canada, and online at Amazon.com and Ebay.com, from January 2005 through August 2013 for between $110 and $400.

The firms have received reports of 165 incidents, including 46 fires and $2.15 million in property damage. No injuries have been reported.

Here is a Consumer Product Safety Commission page with model numbers and pictures of the bunk units.

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2013/Gree-Recalls-12-Brands-of-Dehumidifiers/

2czvsbl.jpg

Be Safe

THAT LIST OF NAMES IS NOT COMPLETE OR ACCURATE! CHECK YOUR SHIT VIA GOOGLE!

(edit, I think there is an older recall involving 4 or 5 brands from similar stores

They purposely make it a hassle but I was able to claim a brand new one, got the dehuy for free because it didn't work, the water doesn't drain right & corrodes a bunch of stuff, sometings causing fires.They shipped to my door and they picked up the old one for free & gave me new :) and the old one was ghetto, new one was all digital & way nicer

Mr Blah

All ready did the recall on 3 of mine.
Is there any you can do with them at a DIY stand point? Making a chiller or ...?
Before I toss them.

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
All ready did the recall on 3 of mine.
Is there any you can do with them at a DIY stand point? Making a chiller or ...?
Before I toss them.
I have a couple that are recalled and was thinking the EXACT same thing.

Mr Blah

I think I will hold on to them for a while in case I got to rape them for parts or what will be safe to grab off them.

I was thinking what kind of dehumidifier I should get and what one is easy to convert to a drip bucket .....thanks for the heads up:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts