What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

WA MMJ changes - dispensaries get the axe, home growing still permitted

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2015/apr/10/house-passes-marijuana-revisions/

revisions passed the senate, house added some changes to how tax dollars from I-502 would be spent and passed it, and the revenue revisions are awaiting approval from the senate again, but this is most likely the form the bill is going to take.

I think there are a lot of good provisions in here and I'm stretched to find bad ones. They're keeping home growing but cutting back limits and making a registry to cut back on the grey market businessmen, med patients are exempt from the excise tax, dispensaries will be going down, etc.

Edit: Here's a link to the full copy of the proposed rule changes and bill history for yalls' perousal.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?year=2015&bill=5052

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to retire somewhere that I can import whatever the fk I want from California or wherever.

I may actually have a place that nobody will expect and am working on the legal paperwork now. If it happens nobody here will ever see me again cept online as I will be so gone :tiphat:

what are they cutting the plant count back to, out of pure curiousity ?

If you live within a mile of a 502 store then your plant count = 0
Otherwise:

If you choose not to register with the State then plant count = 4

If you want to be registered with the Nazi's then plant count = 6
Unless your Doc says you need more. Doc can recommend up to 15.

If you want to participate in a (registered) collective garden with up to 4 (total) patients then the collective can have the total number of plants equal to the sum of the members individual allowance up to a max of 45.

Meds produced by the collective may only be consumed by the members.

Members of a collective must actively participate in the operation. They must contribute labor to the operation.

If you register you are giving up your HIPPA privacy rights and LCB may enter and inspect your grow at their whim.

Some of us fought to keep SB 5052 from passing. Unfortunately very few of those involved were dispensary owner/operators.

To those that sat on their asses: I have a phrase for you to practice between now and July 2016.

"WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?"

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Just out of curiosity, what are growers supposed to do with the overages above 8 0unces? Maybe smoke it up fast? LOL

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Just out of curiosity, what are growers supposed to do with the overages above 8 0unces? Maybe smoke it up fast? LOL

give it to someone ? turn it into oil? you could always make oil and put it into an oil can and stick it in the garage...might want to mark it someway though. "hey, why does your weedeater smell so funny ?" :biggrin:

give it to someone ? turn it into oil? you could always make oil and put it into an oil can and stick it in the garage...might want to mark it someway though. "hey, why does your weedeater smell so funny ?" :biggrin:

"Hey, what's wrong with Joe?"

"Oh, he burned his lips on his weedeater muffler..."

Hmmm: what are the quantity limits of microbrew allowed at each residence? How much microbrew can be brewed/stored?

This seems like a reasonable question considering that alcohol is a hell of a lot more dangerous than cannabis and has no medical value. So why, ffs, does there need to be any limit to the amount of cannabis possessed, but having 5,000 gallons of microbrew is no problem? How many cartons of ciggys can I have at once?

It makes no sense. Just sayin'. Plant number and quantity limits are bullshit.