What's new

turning bulbs on/off during lights ON.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I know i heard/read once about folks flipping lights on and off during the 12 hours of the light cycle. The idea was that the plants cannot use the 12 hours of light, so turn them on and off, save the power and not hurt the yield. Could also use less ballasts.

Can anyone point me to any info/threads on this technique. All i can find is an article by "maximum yield", and i am looking for more experiential reports/info.

I spent the last hour searching trying to find out about this. Found nothing.

Thanks y'all

blueberrydrumz

ICMag Donor
I know i heard/read once about folks flipping lights on and off during the 12 hours of the light cycle. The idea was that the plants cannot use the 12 hours of light, so turn them on and off, save the power and not hurt the yield. Could also use less ballasts.

Can anyone point me to any info/threads on this technique. All i can find is an article by "maximum yield", and i am looking for more experiential reports/info.

I spent the last hour searching trying to find out about this. Found nothing.

Thanks y'all

Ez, turning off & on might not be such a good idea, but working with flip flops works much better... also check out the 12/1 thread here, i have tryed 6on/12off works well for keeping plants from stretching too much... peace

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
Thanks for sharing BlueberryD. The 6/12 sounds interesting indeed. Always looking for an organic natural way to prevent slow down/stretch.

Yeah i am familiar with that thread and also the use of flips. Only time i manually turner off lights was when an AC broke. Thats a pain in the ass and i would never trust my burnt ass to turn them on/off daily.

Looking for someone that has grown a tray under a light and had the light come on and off every hour for a total of six hours. one hour on, one hour off etc. etc.

How did the plants compare to ones grown under continuous light. Maximum yield claims harvests will be diminished by 10%, but i know some freaks around here have experimented with these things. What say you?:tiphat: