What's new

Tissue culture with Cannabis?

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
Hello Im interested in experimenting with tissue culture with cannabis, and was wondering if any of you have any experience with this. I own a 3,500 dollar laminar floor hood that I used for mushroom cultivation and tissue culture but i never tried it with our favorite plant. Anyways I used to grow shrooms in florida but since i moved to california the laws are much different regarding our little mushroom friends... so im trying to see if i could isolate clone only strains. Thank you in advance :dance013:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr. Dank,

Yes, you can. It should not be that tricky if you prep well. I know that there is a thread here relating to plant tissue culture, but I could not find it. This is being done. You can buy the agar medium. PM Chimera and maybe he can point you in the right direction.

R.Fortune

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, Growgeek is doing tissue culture. Maybe I can talk him into updating the thread on the subject.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
High Frequency Plant Regeneration from Leaf Derived Callus of High Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Yielding Cannabis sativa L.
Hemant Lata, Suman Chandra, Ikhlas A. Khan, Mahmoud A. ElSohly
Planta Med 2010; 76:1629–1633

They say a bit about how they grow, here.

Attachments

• s-0030-1249773.pdf
    171.6 KB · Views: 143

dizzlekush

A MICROPROPAGATION SYSTEM FOR CLONING OF HEMP (CANNABIS SATIVA L.) BY SHOOT TIP CULTURE
REN WANG, LI-SI HE, BING XIA, JIN-FENG TONG, NING LI AND FENG PENG

This study describes the standardization of an efficient in vitro propagation and hardening procedure for obtaining plantlets from shoot tips of Hemp (Cannabis sativa L.). Hemp seedlings were germinated on half-strength 1/2 MS medium supplemented with 10 g·L-1sucrose, 5.5 g·L-1agar at a pH of 6.8 under light for 16 h per day. MS medium containing 0.2 mg·L-1TDZ, 0.1 mg·L-1NAA supported the maximal auxiliary bud multiplication rate of 3.22 per shoot tip. The proliferated buds were successfully rooted on MS medium supplemented with 0.1 mg·L-1IBA and 0.05 mg·L-1NAA resulting in 85% of the plantlets rooting. The procedure requires a 54 days cycle for the In vitro clonal propagation (14 days for shoot multiplication and 40 days for root induction) which includes 35-42 days for acclimatized plantlet production.
If that helps...

Attachments

• A MICROPROPAGATION SYSTEM FOR CLONING OF CANNABIS SATIVA L. BY SHOOT TIP CULTURE.pdf
    118.2 KB · Views: 82