What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

420club
Colchicine is a poison made from the bean tree.
Was used for making female plants originally but could not be consumed that generation
Also used for gout.
Gout is a form of arthritis brought on by a concentration of urinimic crystals.
Processed meats a big contributor so is booze
Thinking back many years ago, I remember early cannabis plant enthusiasts extracting the colchicine from a crocus, that was in the area where I lived. Trying to change chromosomes for plant breeding. When we tried it, it did not go as planned, later I read, it was difficult to achieve a change in the chromosomes with this method. Colchicine is very toxic as well.

It cleared up my gout quickly, I was hoping it wasn't going to mess with my chromosomes. Hopefully the doctors know what their doing.

Do you have a list of fall chores your working on? I just checked out the long term weather and will try to get somethings done on planned days. If the weather agrees. I have a couple of days of outside work that will take me probably twice as long as I think. All depends how my body handles the chores.

Now that it's cooler I can mix dirt in the sunroom. I am trying a new medium this grow, using straight 2 year old commercial compost that I will amend somewhat as it is very dense. The ph is 5.5 will use some dolomite to correct that. The sales guy at the nursery told me many of the cannabis growers prefer this product. So, I'll give it a go. It's called Sea Soil, the product is made on Vancouver Island and fish waste and forest waste make up the bulk of Sea Soil. My wife said she would help me with the mixing. She does not use cannabis but will help me with my mixing.

Hope things are going along smoothly for you.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Thinking back many years ago, I remember early cannabis plant enthusiasts extracting the colchicine from a crocus, that was in the area where I lived. Trying to change chromosomes for plant breeding. When we tried it, it did not go as planned, later I read, it was difficult to achieve a change in the chromosomes with this method. Colchicine is very toxic as well.

It cleared up my gout quickly, I was hoping it wasn't going to mess with my chromosomes. Hopefully the doctors know what their doing.

Do you have a list of fall chores your working on? I just checked out the long term weather and will try to get somethings done on planned days. If the weather agrees. I have a couple of days of outside work that will take me probably twice as long as I think. All depends how my body handles the chores.

Now that it's cooler I can mix dirt in the sunroom. I am trying a new medium this grow, using straight 2 year old commercial compost that I will amend somewhat as it is very dense. The ph is 5.5 will use some dolomite to correct that. The sales guy at the nursery told me many of the cannabis growers prefer this product. So, I'll give it a go. It's called Sea Soil, the product is made on Vancouver Island and fish waste and forest waste make up the bulk of Sea Soil. My wife said she would help me with the mixing. She does not use cannabis but will help me with my mixing.

Morning OM…

ice minus

PXL_20240929_172357138.jpg

Sunday hotbox in the garage after a coffee

Have a great Sunday !!

OleReynard

My list got really short when I was listing this place, now I'm sitting on my thumbs wondering what to do into ice fishing season.
Won't be long, next couple weeks be time to move leaves, kids will be up in that time span.
Hopefully get a few days of fishing in hate fishing by myself, son will be up so pending on weather?
When the trees change a bit more want to hit the Soo Trail with the s x s, this trail has many other trails coming off it.
So gas and food is on the trail.
Was thinking about starting on a skid house for ice fishing, still trying to get the gumption up from the Covid bit.
Need to pick up a pole trimmer got some dead limbs to knock off.
Wife still has a scope to go thru.
I'm gonna start propagating again I got some stuff that shouldn't be lost that's not available like the Frazier Valley Bb that predates Dj gear.
How bout yourself

oldmaninbc

420club
Be advised someone I know has a neighbor and he read somewhere bears use locations like that to catch prey not paying attention.
The guy I know would not lie to me ,not sure of the neighbor
I don't know if it's true but I heard bears shit in the woods, you have to be careful where your stepping.

Good day jokerman, a pleasure as always

oldmaninbc

420club
Especially with all the fuel tanks being drilled by fuel thieves these days.
I recently heard of this happening in our community and I was wondering do they not make them so they can't be siphoned, so that's what they do. Not only do you lose your gas but your tank is damaged as well.
I heard of a motorhome being siphoned to the tune of hundreds of dollars.

A very good day to you GW
and yes I am wearing warmer cloths and putting the quilt on my bed today, burrrr.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Hey Pute, is there a time difference between you and say GW.

It's a beautiful morning sunny and windy. It's a good day so far, I could remember who I am, I could count backwards from 3-1 and most of all remember it is the wife's 69th B-day today.

Are you being harassed for your game picks:)

Happy Birthday to the Wife Unit!

🎁🎂🎊🎈🎉

just curious, but did you get her a birthday present?

oldmaninbc

420club
I had an outing with the Massachusetts Patients Advocacy Alliance in the park yesterday. 20 or so people showed up for the picnic. We had good food and talked and laughed. We smoked like 10 joints. I was gifted a 1/4 oz of buds and a medical recertify coupon for $50. Was really great I hope to go again.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself DB!