What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Farmer John

Old and in the way.
Veteran
I think that I'm getting old. Just noticed that Overgrow is up and running. The last time I heard of it was at Seedboutique in 2006 or so when there was a server in the bathroom that must have been one of theirs. But anyhoo, what a clusterfuck it is, dont have a clue whats going on over there and really dont care. Signed up as OriginalFarmerJohn for some fuckface has already stolen my nick 😅 modern times are hard. This is my home, has been for 20 yrars now and will be for the rest of my life. Just wanted all of you to know my feelings about all this. Also Instagram deleted my FarmerJohnIC account for some reason, dont really care about that at the moment. This is my home. I'm happy. ❤️

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I think that I'm getting old. Just noticed that Overgrow is up and running. The last time I heard of it was at Seedboutique in 2006 or so when there was a server in the bathroom that must have been one of theirs. But anyhoo, what a clusterfuck it is, dont have a clue whats going on over there and really dont care. Signed up as OriginalFarmerJohn for some fuckface has already stolen my nick 😅 modern times are hard. This is my home, has been for 20 yrars now and will be for the rest of my life. Just wanted all of you to know my feelings about all this. Also Instagram deleted my FarmerJohnIC account for some reason, dont really care about that at the moment. This is my home. I'm happy. ❤️
I hope this turns out to be the end of the road for me as well. But, a veteran grower told me along time ago not to get to attached because shit happens and this could be your last post.

Last site I was on I had over 21,000 posts not to mention all the posts in the moderators lounge. Poof circumstances made me walk completely away. I quit and haven’t been back and never will go back.

oldfogey8

Went apple picking with my bride today. A half bushel for $40! Yikes! They are good though and a small family owned business so I like supporting them. And they have cider slushies and cider donuts fresh out of the oil. Mmmm… snacks as @Boo would say…
IMG_4304.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello GW and a very good day to you.

I've had volunteer peanut plants show up in my garden, from either the Steller's Jay or the squirrels burying their goodies. Along with other plants and trees, as well.

I can appreciate your diligence in a peaceful resolution:)
Hello Old Man! Thanks for the good thoughts! Hope you are having a stellar day!

oldmaninbc

420club
I have been coming here pretty much since it began, just lurked for many years, signed up in Jan. 2007 for the first time. I have been to the Overgrow, seemed kind of bland. I feel at home here myself.
Mostly, it makes me happy being here.

Maybe Gypsy and the mods can put me in a metaphorical urn when I shut down for good.:)

Here where I live they take the ashes of cremated animals and give them to a willing orchard to spread around for fertilizer. I think I would make some good bonemeal.

oldmaninbc

420club
I used Sunshine for years…..can’t get it here now for some reason it’s not available. ProMix is the nearest choice…..
I can't get Fox Farm any longer, I liked the Ocean Forest.

Used many bales of Sunshine#4 in the old days, truck loads. I always liked it.
There is a local business here that caters to marijuana growers with a soil blend but you have to buy in bulk.
Now I will experiment with straight compost, I dislike this kind of change.

Suck it up Oldman and get at it.:)

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Hey Sub, I have worked/volunteered as tutor for many age groups, in the school system, college and for an international organization. There has been a couple of times I have had to decline to work with a student because their problems go beyond learning. I found it very taxing on myself to work with children that I did not know how to help. My understanding of Down Syndrome is that there can be challenging behavioral issues.
Not everyone is equipped(mentally/physically) to meet these kind demands.
I hope something can be worked out for all involved. My heart goes out to you, these are not easy decisions.
Hey old man. Having a granddaughter with DS has taught me a lot about it. I have since met many other children and adults with downs with different levels of capabilities. My granddaughter does have learning capability problems but is reachable as I myself have seen improvements working with her. Her biggest problem is with memory but we play games like lining up Oma’s 8 dolls, naming them all and interviewing each of them to see what their favorite color, song… write them all down on a paper graph then make a memory game out of it. It takes a lot of effort I know and the game usually lasts two hours or so but is worth the effort imo to move her a little farther up the ladder. She can read, write and is verbal unlike a lot of downs children. Shes not good with math but does understand addition subtraction and some simple fractions. I just want her to have a leg up if I can help her. Especially socially where I unlike her mother feels like there is more that can be done especially with her behavior problems like making her accountable for her actions

hope you’re having a good day old man 🥰✌️

Farmer John

Old and in the way.
Veteran
I found a couple ladybugs alive from my veg tent that I thought had died somewhere in there. Made me happy 🙂 also my predator mites arrived today, the amount of thrips outdoors this year made me cut down all my chili, tomato etc plants on the balcony way too early and had to clean the whole apartment a dozen times so they dont spread everywhere.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
After seeing your cap junkie cross the other day, I decided to go ahead and break out my stash last night. I just love that strain and the high that it gives me… I let two of my friends stay here last night. Once a 370 pound biker and the other one is a normal size biker that was dinged in the head a few times and now he’s got TBI… They both slept very well after smoking the junkie… you did a great job on yours Subbie…👍

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Went apple picking with my bride today. A half bushel for $40! Yikes! They are good though and a small family owned business so I like supporting them. And they have cider slushies and cider donuts fresh out of the oil. Mmmm… snacks as @Boo would say… View attachment 19074215
I looked for apples while I was in the mountains. Mr sub said we shouldn’t go back the 8 miles to the orchard. I wish now I would have made him go. We could be eating apple fritters right now. Those doughnuts are making my stomach growl. 🤪

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
Years ago, I took my grandson up into the mountains in North Carolina and I brought him to a place, On the specific cliff of one of the mountains enjoyed spending time on… since then I have decided I want my ashes over in Western California amongst the redwoods. I spent many days hanging out in Garberville and then driving through the redwoods and just enjoying nature. I like redwood so much I bought a truckload of old cut wood to build my home.