What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

cola

Good Morning All (OF's):

Wishing each and every one of you, a pleasant morning, wonderful day, and outstanding evening.
I am currently pretty tied up with projects and work, so wanted to start with a daily check in hello.
Today is Friday and right next door to the weekend on Saturday. Will be glad for the break. TGIF!!

See you all tomorrow (again)! (y):)

Yarddog

Morning gang. Storm just blew over. Then we lost power 😂. Got the generators running for the important stuff.
Only thing I’ll say about the parts store code reading. Don’t take any advice they give. Need to research the codes yourself online. I’ve seen them tell a guy his cam position sender was bad and to just fix it when it was convenient. Code was for a range performance fault which meant the signal was there it was just out of normal range. So three days later his car jumped one more tooth on the timing and ruined a cylinder head.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can also buy a code reader for pretty cheap. I bought one for around $30 that has saved me $100’s in garage charges. Cleaning a MAF is quick and easy. So is cleaning out acorns from an air filter box(mice filled my box with 20-25 acorns once).
Thanks, I'll check that out as well. If the codes are universal, I can use it on both our Jeep and Ford.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
!@#$%^&*() Squirrels are picking off our tomatoes as they ripen, so I picked them all green and will ripen the remaining tomatoes off the vine or eat them green.

I relocated five squirrels last year with no effect and tried to keep them busy with peanuts this year to no effect beyond smiley faces. The perverse thing is that my Plan B was to relocate the tomatoes to the side rose garden next year to avoid the squirrels and discovered that they are burying the peanuts that I feed them in the back yard, in our side rose garden now.
Our squirrels never touch my maters

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
THAT'S CARIBOU SHIT!!!

the kopi luwak coffee is the cats arse!….goot chit Mang!..

IMG_2663.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

Unca Walt

420club
Us locals are SO FUCKING TIRED of the idiot hype that comes from the television assholes. Crying "WOLF!"

The previous storm was going to cause "the worst flooding in Florida history". It was a rainy day. CHECK IT YOURSELF.

This storm was going to cause "unsurvivable flooding" <-- That is a quote from FOX News and the possible total destruction of Tallahassee. https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/tracking-hurricane-helene-florida-landfall

The terrible destruction? Somebody's old house trailer got wrecked by a local tornado. And somebody else got kilt in a car crash on Interstate 4.

That is all they could find. To find flooding problems, they went back to Tampa in the link above to film the same place they ALWAYS film because it is an area that always floods in stormy weather.

WOLF! WOLF!!! WOLF!!!!!
BTW -- Right now: Blue sky, puffy clouds, no wind. <-- And not a word about it on TV.

Unca Walt

420club
!@#$%^&*() Squirrels are picking off our tomatoes as they ripen, so I picked them all green and will ripen the remaining tomatoes off the vine or eat them green.

I relocated five squirrels last year with no effect and tried to keep them busy with peanuts this year to no effect beyond smiley faces. The perverse thing is that my Plan B was to relocate the tomatoes to the side rose garden next year to avoid the squirrels and discovered that they are burying the peanuts that I feed them in the back yard, in our side rose garden now.
Jeez. Now I feel guilty about feeding the squiddels at the Chateau. If I go out with a handful of peanuts and make tossing motions, they'll come right up to me to get one.

Inevitably, they run at least 20' away to eat them. If I catch them burying those peanuts, the kitchen will close.

kevinn

Thanks you too and eat some carbs to keep your weight up. I don’t want to see you getting sick. Even tho it’s sad, sometimes we have no control over things and it only makes it worse if we are sick… Love you brother 💕
My teenage granddaughter has not gone to school for 2 weeks. Stressed. But parents allow her to sit on her room all day and night on her phone and then go out on weekends.

SubGirl

Premium user
420club
Thanks, I'll check that out as well. If the codes are universal, I can use it on both our Jeep and Ford.
Google 'free check engine light scan' + ' your town' to find a shop that will scan your car for free. Some dealers and repair shops offer a free Check Engine light scan as a seasonal promotional.
maybe there is a closer place to drive it for the check.
‘my Toyota has a process to check it yourself. I don’t remember what it was exactly but I did it once with my older Toyota 4Runner I only remember you used the key and it gave a number that you could look up on the internet. I did it from my driveway Maybe see if there is a procedure for your vehicle. Good luck GW ✌️