What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Goldhedge

ya know , one time a doctor mistook me for a female when I was 15

Long story short , my appendix ruptured when I was 15 and my dad drove me to the emergency room and I was laying in the emergency room with the sheet, pulled up to my neck with only my head and face showing

The doc came in and asked me where the pain was, and when I pointed down to my side , asked me when I had my last period 😂😂😂

When I told him I was a dude, he got this funny look on his face and then just walked out of the room

I almost died and was in intensive care for 16 days
Mine ruptured when I was 6 or 7 years old.

Worse pain ever. I was a skinny kid. I could count my ribs if I held my arms up. Dr. said it burst and was contained in the fat.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Gypsy, having lived closer to the ocean , I found the fall and winter rainy months, while warmer than the interior of BC, the damp cold seems to permeate into your body differently than the snowy cold of the interior. I much prefer the snowy cold over the damp cold of Vancouver or the Islands.

How is Loki and are you still the keeper of cats?
Oh yeah, are you still drying and curing or is project complete and ready for use? Any comments on the finished bud?

Hope all is well with your life.
Here it's wet and chilly mostly thru fall and winter - although these past years we haven't had a serious snow/ice winter in the South of England - so temps rarely drop below zero - winters seem much milder today than when I was a kid more than half a century ago -

Loki the mutt pup is 7 going 8 months old now - has put on some weight in the past 2 months - since he came to stay with us and now weighs around 13lb - growing fast - I got him a new pink and fleecy dog bed that is very warm for him to sleep in yesterday - and he looks happy in it 😀

Yes - I have harvested all my plants now - just one Zamaldelica is left to dry out - and looks like I'll get 4 zips full out of what I grew so easily on my balcony this year - already I'm getting stoned on the dried bud - and it's working well 😀 - I'd doubt seeing any of this bud cured before it's consumed - 😆

Unca Walt

420club
That is one baaadd biitch there. Just a friggin monster in size too.
They say first time Talahassee will see 100 MPH winds. Ouch!!
State capital. And a lot of old dried out buildings too. Not nice ..:(

Us locals are SO FUCKING TIRED of the idiot hype that comes from the television assholes. Crying "WOLF!"

The previous storm was going to cause "the worst flooding in Florida history". It was a rainy day. CHECK IT YOURSELF.

This storm was going to cause "unsurvivable flooding" <-- That is a quote from FOX News and the possible total destruction of Tallahassee. https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/tracking-hurricane-helene-florida-landfall

The terrible destruction? Somebody's old house trailer got wrecked by a local tornado. And somebody else got kilt in a car crash on Interstate 4.

That is all they could find. To find flooding problems, they went back to Tampa in the link above to film the same place they ALWAYS film because it is an area that always floods in stormy weather.

WOLF! WOLF!!! WOLF!!!!!

Unca Walt

420club
Thank you. She asked me to keep the kids overnight on the 4th I think. I wish I didn’t feel like making an excuse why I can’t.
‘My granddaughter is 10 with Down syndrome. She is very smart can read at a 5th grade level and also very street smart. Likes to get attention good or bad it doesn’t matter. Has destroyed the daughter’s house by doing things like flushing stuffed toys down the toilet just to get yelled at. (About 6 times now needing to call a plumber. I don’t trust her any more than a toddler and she has got away with stealing lying and even violence at my house when we were not looking with no repercussions from her mom. She kicked Maryjane and Mr sub who she has no respect for. He has no patience with her after about an hour. It takes my last thread of sanity just to keep her overnight. When I attempt to talk to the daughter about it, we don’t see them for a while. I’m perplexed. Thanks for the good vibes big. I’m still sending them your way too 🥰✌️
@SubGirl I dunno if I am in time with this, but lemme put my 2c in.

You are NOT responsible for your granddaughter. Not in any way whatsoever.

Your new rule (and make sure your give the reasons stated above) is she is not to come to your house. Your personal risk -- monetary and livability -- is the rock-solid reason.

Do not compromise.

Unca Walt

420club
Mine ruptured when I was 6 or 7 years old.

Worse pain ever. I was a skinny kid. I could count my ribs if I held my arms up. Dr. said it burst and was contained in the fat.
Get @bigsur51 and we can start a "no appendix" club.

Since my guts were all over the floor anyway, the surgeon decided to yank my perfectly normal appendix out while he was in there. <-- TINS I dunno if that is a common practice, or if I got some kinda insurance freebie that I was guaranteed never to have appendicitis.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good night GW 🥰✌️
Good morning SG and a stellar Fried Day to you!
bigarmhug.gif
yellow rose.jpg

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy with some morning rain starting at 58F and predicted to rise to 72F.

Alas I went to drive the Jeep to the storage garage to haul a car seat to a salvage yard and the check engine light came on. I have oil and oil pressure, as well as coolant so it is something else. I can't get an appointment at the dealership until Monday, so put off cleaning the garage.

Gym this morning first thing and then I have five appointments today with my HVAC contractor to do the annual service on the furnaces in our house and rentals for the coming winter season. The first at 9:30 this morning and the last at 2:30 this afternoon.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
!@#$%^&*() Squirrels are picking off our tomatoes as they ripen, so I picked them all green and will ripen the remaining tomatoes off the vine or eat them green.

I relocated five squirrels last year with no effect and tried to keep them busy with peanuts this year to no effect beyond smiley faces. The perverse thing is that my Plan B was to relocate the tomatoes to the side rose garden next year to avoid the squirrels and discovered that they are burying the peanuts that I feed them in the back yard, in our side rose garden now.

oldfogey8

Good morning brothers and sisters! View attachment 19073921 View attachment 19073922

Mostly cloudy with some morning rain starting at 58F and predicted to rise to 72F.

Alas I went to drive the Jeep to the storage garage to haul a car seat to a salvage yard and the check engine light came on. I have oil and oil pressure, as well as coolant so it is something else. I can't get an appointment at the dealership until Monday, so put off cleaning the garage.

Gym this morning first thing and then I have five appointments today with my HVAC contractor to do the annual service on the furnaces in our house and rentals for the coming winter season. The first at 9:30 this morning and the last at 2:30 this afternoon.
If you have an Autozone near you, they will scan the CEL code for free. Obviously they will want to sell you whatever part can fix the issue but it is nice to know what is causing the issue.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have an Autozone near you, they will scan the CEL code for free. Obviously they will want to sell you whatever part can fix the issue but it is nice to know what is causing the issue.
Thanks, brother! Good information and good idea! It looks like there are several near me I can check out.

I'm reluctant to drive it very far without knowing why the warning light is on, so I will also check with my hot rod builder neighbors, who may have a scanner that we can check it with here.

Last edited: