What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigherb

Veteran
EB this is wat sam says about haze

See were he says the best haze wer f1 hybrids....I can even find you quotes from sam saying that those hybrids closest to the 69/70 date were the best an each year as more was added the quality keept dropping...til ibl'ing an finaly messing up from in breeding by 1980....this clearly shows that wat ever was putting the power into haze was in ther from the beginning....nevils following of the dates/seeds he knew nothing about shows this too

Sams has said the best Haze was before clones

He never stated anything about messing up Haze . His words were more along the lines of perseveration. He tried to saved the Haze rather than improve it

I won’t get into direct quotes I’ve done them all . I’ve asked throughly all the questions before . Burning bush latest post were stating it’s pure Colombian.

In regards to Nevils seed stock , Sams says the Seeds he gave Nevil he made ... Nevils story of the seed stock he received had bags labeled 69-70’s . We can choose to believe what we wish but we were not there .

Out of Respect, I’m not going to quote old post/carry on about my opinion it’s been done . I await a possible article or book from Sams in the future with a detailed chapter of the Haze history

The story I was told and shared , I believe . As time goes on I have more confirmation from different sources that much of what I was told is FACTS

1luvbigherb

TheDarkStorm

He never stated anything about messing up Haze . His words were more along the lines of perseveration. He tried to saved the Haze rather than improve it

I won’t get into direct quotes I’ve done them all . I’ve asked throughly all the questions before . Burning bush latest post were stating it’s pure Colombian.

In regards to Nevils seed stock , Sams says the Seeds he gave Nevil he made ... Nevils story of the seed stock he received had bags labeled 69-70’s . We can choose to believe what we wish but we were not there .

Out of Respect, I’m not going to quote old post/carry on about my opinion it’s been done . I await a possible article or book from Sams in the future with a detailed chapter of the Haze history

The story I was told and shared , I believe . As time goes on I have more confirmation from different sources that much of what I was told is FACTS

1luvbigherb

Big herb are there not quotes saying that towards the end of the brothers growing haze the line was imbred so badly that it failed to produce..
Also there is one important FACT as you call it in your version that contradicts sams version....sam says that haze was multiple lumbos put together...but your source says its just punta roja....an from wat ive seen over many many years in haze seeds im inclined to belive sam....by the way it may help finding out from your source wich punta roja version was used as most cary high levels of cbd.
also sam already made it clear to me wat nevil got an even said nevil wouldn't have got them if it weren't for him.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cannarado f2d them from original 97 stock then toxic hippy f3d them,theres a few pics on ig,few people have them going,they look the part too iv been told,if not checked them out yet but I'm going too.76

I just checked in with one of our members who got some of the super silver haze seeds and he seems to be doing quite well he got some good starts despite the fact that they are old seed :D

TPFTFW

Veteran
Big herb are there not quotes saying that towards the end of the brothers growing haze the line was imbred so badly that it failed to produce..
Also there is one important FACT as you call it in your version that contradicts sams version....sam says that haze was multiple lumbos put together...but your source says its just punta roja....an from wat ive seen over many many years in haze seeds im inclined to belive sam....by the way it may help finding out from your source wich punta roja version was used as most cary high levels of cbd.
also sam already made it clear to me wat nevil got an even said nevil wouldn't have got them if it weren't for him.

Both of those lineages are wrong
Parts of the whole sure

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
~

~

Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky
Purple haze all around
Don't know if I'm comin' up or down
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me
~

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
do you mean cbg?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Both of those lineages are wrong
Parts of the whole sure

Im in California. The Columbian red started coming in around 1974 if I remember right. It was gooey, very dark reddish brown, but amazingly the high was full on couch lock. I thought it was Indica back then due to the high. I wouldnt expect that they put that in the Haze. You would know if they did. As for the Columbian Gold..... Yeah, I could see that in the mix. That had a up bright high and a far crisper flavor, and not the musky earthy flavor that the red had

We had columbo red seeds up the ying. I got in a conflict with a buddy, and he came over when my family was gone. He went in our yard and planted hundreds of Columbian Red seeds in my moms flower garden. A few weeks later there were hundreds of plants coming up. I pulled them all out and checked each day for a month, so my folks wouldnt bust me. We became friends again, and he laughed his ass off everytime I brought that up. Really it wasnt funny

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey DocYes that’s one of the things I always remembered about the Colombians that I smoked mid to late 70s ... was how strong it was ... but how a narcotic it was ...same with the chocolate Thai ...the Buddha Thai ... ‘81 & ‘82

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

1luvbigherb

Yeah yeah , nah .

Show me where Sam says Burning Bush is pure Colombian please ?

OHaze leaning to the Thai side ...

An ancestor called Burning Bush .

Haze A and C being different to all the other O Haze over all the years ...

Colombian / Thai is my theory for now .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im in California. The Columbian red started coming in around 1974 if I remember right. It was gooey, very dark reddish brown, but amazingly the high was full on couch lock. I thought it was Indica back then due to the high. I wouldnt expect that they put that in the Haze. You would know if they did. As for the Columbian Gold..... Yeah, I could see that in the mix. That had a up bright high and a far crisper flavor, and not the musky earthy flavor that the red had

We had columbo red seeds up the ying. I got in a conflict with a buddy, and he came over when my family was gone. He went in our yard and planted hundreds of Columbian Red seeds in my moms flower garden. A few weeks later there were hundreds of plants coming up. I pulled them all out and checked each day for a month, so my folks wouldnt bust me. We became friends again, and he laughed his ass off everytime I brought that up. Really it wasnt funny

I remember CR as well. It had a redish tint. It was killer weed. We didn't see this often. It smoked like green sensi. I wish I had saved seeds from that time. Everyone was growing outdoor from seed. I didn't see any indoor growers until 89.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

1luvbigherb

FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

Any one that smoked and grew old Colombians would know they smoke a lot different to that of Thai sativa.

You keep bring up the seed Nevil got from Sam how would any one but Nevil and Sam know the real facts on this.I have heard Nevil's version from him and read Sam's version on line.

Nevil got the seed not long after Sam arrived in Holland so how was the seed Nevil got made in Holland.

Also the fact that out of the seed Nevil got Nevil only saw less than 10 seed germinate that tells me the seed were old.

All i have read in the last 20 years is people trying to discredit Nevil and the Haze he paid for and worked.

If your going to talk about some one and there work try doing it in an honest and in a unbiased way.

bigherb

Veteran
Yeah yeah , nah .

Show me where Sam says Burning Bush is pure Colombian please ?

OHaze leaning to the Thai side ...

An ancestor called Burning Bush .

Haze A and C being different to all the other O Haze over all the years ...

Colombian / Thai is my theory for now .
Sup Unc Eb

My brother I think your getting old , maybe you forgot this post below

My post below , Sams Response

Sams

Do you still have any OHaze seeds from G ? If soo have you tried to germ them ? NO I HAVE NONE LEFT JUST OFFSPRING.

From your post I assume Nevils Haze was from pure Lumbo correct? YES.

Nevil said you told him burning bush was an ancestor of his seed stock he acquired , the 66-70 dates labeled on Nevils seeds he acquired from you was a BS story ? NOT SURE BUT BURNING BUSH WAS PURE OHAZE I GREW AND NAMED.

The fact he got 7 seeds to pop out of thousands from 85 stock don’t sound right . But you would know best THE SEEDS I SOLD HIM HAD A VERY HIGH GERM RATE, HE DID NOT EVER GROW THOUSANDS FROM SEEDS HE GOT FROM ME AS FAR AS I KNOW.

Soo all the OHaze you sold to seedsman TFD positronics was pure Colombian? YES UNLESS SOLD AS A HAZE HYBRID.

The emphasis all these years folks have made on thai association to OHaze is funny I GAVE BOTH RL AND G THAI SEEDS I GOT FROM GOLDEN OFF THE STICK THAI THAT WAS FANTASTIC IN MAYBE 75 IN SC. THEY MADE A FEW HYBRIDS BUT G LIKE THE PURE OHAZE BETTER AND DID NOT USE THEM AGAIN, RL LIKED THEM BUT DID NOT KEEP CLONES SO THEY WERE GONE PRETTY QUICK, THE SAME WITH S INDIAN, KERALA. I MADE MORE HYBRIDS AS I FOUND THEM INTERESTING.

It seems you answered this already but I don’t understand, you never sold any Haze x Thai / S.indian as OHaze . But you said burning bush was OHaze with a strong Thai influence

Is burning bush Colombian x Thai ? Or pure Lumbo ? NO THAI IN IT.

I love details I appreciate you sharing more with us and setting some things straight, your wife manicuring and details of Nevils stock

I hope this future OHaze project comes to fruit and we can possibly have a taste or access to a representation from someone who knows it best

TIME WILL TELL.
-SamS

Much Respect

1luvbigherb
Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 04-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.

HAZENACIOUS

It’d be nice to hear some specifics

1luvbigherb
Nevil believed that the dominant high/flavor his Haze C male imparted was Thai. I agree. The high actually reminded me of Thai stick I used to get as a kid, it was the first thing I had smoked that reminded me of that high, and I thought my 5hzC was Thai dominant long before I ever talked to Nevil about it.

Last edited:

HAZENACIOUS

We used to get Columbian Red, It was the best stuff we could get. I was getting it around 84-85 somewheres.
Much better than Mexican brick, this was a couple years before California Kindbud took over the high grade market where I lived. It was not as compactly bricked, it wasn't brown but more of a dark green but appeared red because of all the hairs, lots of seeds, it was knockout weed. I remember that much. I see some phenos of my 5haze that kind of reminds me of that Columbian red we used to get... I believe Haze C has Columbian and Thai in it, but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts