What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I think your on about four way hempy...its a different plant...the silver pearl wich is early pearl sk an nl is a plant that was crossed to haze c an realeased same time as 5c ...it was a very famous plant at the time....its completely different to the above mentioned plant that nevil was on about....the above plant was sold later as four way....not really considered a haze hybrid as such....the silver pearl x haze was quite abit more sativa looking than 5haze.....some would come out quite tall an scraggly looking....more slimmer longer leaves than 5haze but very dark...kinda greyish silvery bud....bit sweeter than 5haze just as strong but kinder an more uplifting......

Hi Dark i know the MrNice early Haze was the same as Nevil's EP.SK to NL5Hz.

Your correct it was a 50% haze.
EP.SK.NL5 x Hz it was considerably fast for a 50% haze.

Silver Pearl x Haze

Winner of the '89 High Times Harvest Festival, A similar hybrid to Haze x NL#5 but leans a little more to the sativa side. The EP SK#1.NL#5 mother is a quicker, sweeter, taster plant than the Northern Lights #5.It has ihnerited the resin from the NL#5, the high calyx-to-leaf ratio from Skunk #1 and the sweetness from Early Pearl. This hybrid is more variable than the Haze x NL#5 but has the potential to produce even better quality. Yield will be a little less than the Haze x NL # 5, height and flowering time will be similar.
Indoor Data
• Height at 100 days: 60-72 inches
• Flowering period at 12 hours of darkne. 65-75 days
• Yield at 100 days, up to 125 grams
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/2X/6/6cb32f68aa5069ecc4cff5c4652bc7fbee083125.jpg

Silver Pearl

A 3-way hybrid containing Early Pearl, Skunk #1 and Northern Lights #5. This hybrid is quicker and sweeter than the Northern Lights #5 and the NL #5/Skunk hybrid. An indoor/Outdoor plant with the main emphasis being on yield and taste. Will grow outdoors throughout the whole of the US with an above average yield. Silver Pearl is the mother of last years harvest festival winner. Plants exhibit frosted resinous characteristics of the Northern Lights #5 and the sweetness and calyx-to-leaf ratio of the Early Pearl/Skunk.
Indoor Data
• Height at 100 days 3-4 ft
• Flowering period at 12 hours of darkness 45-50 days
• Yield at 100 days: up 10 100 grams
Outdoor Data
• Height 6-8 ft
• Finishing date at 40° N. Sept 15
• Yield. up to 1 1/2 pound
Price $70
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/2X/a/afbe309ed986c65f85b25143d79a9c839f894365.jpg

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

I found more info but can not accesses it because the Mrnice site is being up graded / re built so need it up to get more info.

That is not consistent with what the catalogue says about Silver Pearl Haze.

It describes the mother as Early Pearl / NL / Sk .

So Early Queen is a different cross . It uses NL / Hz x Early Pearl / Skunk

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

From MrNice strain Guide

Heritage:Early Queen x Afghan Haze
Category: Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics
Family of breed:25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze-Thai/Columbian/Mexican

Elmer Bud

Veteran
From MrNice strain Guide

Family of breed:25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze-Thai/Columbian/Mexican

Yep clear as mud . :kissass:

Shanti`s Early Queen is a Skunk Bx as is G13 / SK and others from Nevil`s old stock .

And Shanti saying haze is Thai / Colombian / Mexican is not what Sam says is in it . That is actually what RC Clarke says ...

Though my theory is Nevil got Colombian x Thai because he said Sam told him Burning Bush [ the O Haze leaning to the Thai side ] was an ancestor of the seeds he bought .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

From MrNice strain Guide

Originally Posted by Nevil
Early Pearl didn't improve bud structure, but it did resist mould in humid conditions. EP wasn't the complete plant. To make rapid progress in breeding, you need to limit the selection criteria. Smell, early flowering and mould resistance, were the priorities. EP loves Skunk. They complimented each other. The EP.SK crossed well with NL5 (silver pearl). I didn't like EPxHzC or EPxNL5. Early Queen is a good example of how to build a hybrid, stacking as many good traits in to one plant as you can.
N.
Early Queen is Early Pearl Sk1
Silver pearl is EP.SK .NL5

So the Silver pearl x Hz is EP.SK .NL5 x Haze 50% haze

Early Queen x Afghan Haze is Early Pearl Sk1 x Nl5/Hz

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer

Shanti`s Early Queen is a Skunk Bx as is G13 / SK and others from Nevil`s old stock .

And Shanti saying haze is Thai / Colombian / Mexican is not what Sam says is in it . That is actually what RC Clarke says ...

Though my theory is Nevil got Colombian x Thai because he said Sam told him Burning Bush [ the O Haze leaning to the Thai side ] was an ancestor of the seeds he bought .

FYI,
Burning Bush was an Original Haze with a strong Thai influence. I named it.
There were only Two Haze Brothers and they did not go to NYC and visit HT.
Joe Haze is not a Haze brother. The Haze Brothers did not grow Indica's, they grew Sativa's.
They did grow my Skunk #1 after 1980, because it was easier and faster for them.
-SamS (who was there)

No early Queen is Early Pearl.Sk1

No burning bush was Original haze.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
No early Queen is Early Pearl.Sk1

No burning bush was Original haze.

Leaning to the Thai side . lol .

I crossed the EP.SK to NL5Hz1 and to NL5122. Early Queen. That 4 way produced some amazing plants.

Above Nevil says He crossed the EP SK to his NL Hz to make Early Queen .

So you are missing half the cross of the 4 Way

Then Shanti back crossed that with Skunk but still calls it Early Queen .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Going by Shanti

Family of breed: Early Californian blends with a touch of Mexican, Early Pearl x Early Girl xSuper Skunk

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Early Skunk is Early Pearl x Skunk#1 and Early Queen is Early Girl x Super Skunk.

Mex , read that post from Nevil I posted above .

I crossed the EP.SK to NL5Hz1 and to NL5122. Early Queen. That 4 way produced some amazing plants.
He says NL / HZ C x Early Pearl / Skunk = Early Queen .

Mr Nice Early Queen is Early Queen Bx with his Skunk .

An Early Skunk of some description is then crossed to Land Races for Walk About .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
There is no Hz in Early queen

OK Boomer .

Maybe not anymore . But that quote from Nevil says he crossed his 2 best NL /Hz cuts to EP / SK and made Early Queen .

Shanti might have bred the Haze out with his Skunk bx ?? lol .

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Photo from 2006

picture.php

Elmer Bud

Veteran
There is no Hz in Early queen

Early Queen. That 4 way produced some amazing plants. Now and again you'd get a full on Haze effect, Sk1 bud structure, earlyness and that Oaxacan like fragrant zing from the EP and the resin and weight from the NL5. All that and hybrid vigour too.

Nevil`s quote ...

So the NL #5 is an Afghan / Hawaiian bx X Haze -Colombian 3 way hybrid x Thai X Skunk - Colombian / Afghani / Mexican x Early Girl - Mexican x Afghani ?

TheDarkStorm

EB this is wat sam says about haze

See were he says the best haze wer f1 hybrids....I can even find you quotes from sam saying that those hybrids closest to the 69/70 date were the best an each year the quality keept dropping...til ibl'ing an finaly messing up from in breeding by 1980....this clearly shows that wat ever was putting the power into haze was in ther from the beginning....nevils following of the dates/seeds he knew nothing about shows this too

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-23-12-33-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-23-12-33-49.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts