What's new

The Haze discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

William76

Iv got 2 seedlings out of the 5 ssh 97,get pics up wen a bit bigger,@starcrash .I may hav tracked down the person who made them,I find out more I'll let u know.76

TheDarkStorm

fair point altho i dont believe anyone has done any sifting over the last 30 years at all because it had minimal commercial value,, the commercial value of haze was demonstrated by neville in crosses as you mentioned both tom hill and madmac have done work with haze but thats just two people in 30 years that have seriously gone thru there stock and its there best keepers along with others best keepers that would be the building blocks of the 5 % plan ,i know its not a popular thought but tom hills looks like sk haze to me from first time i seen it just my opinion so i would not use that stock on a 5% project myself probably need a 100 small breeder's actively collecting keepers to start the 5% project unless sam does his 10 000 plant grow lol

Thers others about....ther were a lot of haze seed sold since ariving in Holland...probably alot lot more than 10000
I agree with you though...its good to look at all the paths possible..plenty of fun an good stuff can be found even being smaller growers..

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
All the Haze hybrids i grew from NH that was a 75% haze down to the 50% haze hybrids that i collected say 20 years ago not one of them would have flowers at week 4 at best you would see the sex of the plant.

I look at grows now and at 4 weeks of flower you see Ohaze with flowers forming.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
If a plant shows a few balls towards the end of flower it could be because of stress but if a plant shows balls in early flower in a room with different strains that are free of them then id cull it.

Grew balls at lower nodes in early flower .
I picked them off ...

Grew clones for a cpl of years . Never saw intersexing again on that plant .

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
im sure there are breeders , growers who do not frequent the internet.

There are plenty but the people like Sam and Nevil who were lucky to have pure haze but more importantly to work in a some what legal environment at best could only hybridize it and preserve it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Iv got 2 seedlings out of the 5 ssh 97,get pics up wen a bit bigger,@starcrash .I may hav tracked down the person who made them,I find out more I'll let u know.76

Please do;)He goes by the handle of “toxic hippie”...I took the super silver haze out of the flowering room and now she has her own room and I can give her a different light cycle...Get some updated pics ...Warts and all she ain’t too bad I have much faith that the clones will perform better

William76

Please do;)He goes by the handle of “toxic hippie”...I took the super silver haze out of the flowering room and now she has her own room and I can give her a different light cycle...Get some updated pics ...Warts and all she ain’t too bad I have much faith that the clones will perform better

Cannarado f2d them from original 97 stock then toxic hippy f3d them,theres a few pics on ig,few people have them going,they look the part too iv been told,if not checked them out yet but I'm going too.76

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still have a good supply of the seeds ...amazing ..
I did send some out already:shucks:

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
I was curious about that myself ...what’s the relationship ? How early did silver haze pre-date super silver haze?

I'm not 100% sure on the dates so I'll let someone else answer who predates who.

picture.php

Last edited:

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
to me a pure sativa high should be euphoric . the better long flowerering strains have a similar buzzing feeling in the head. ususlly not as potent hit for hit as an indica but will get you high as you can get if you keep smoking. indicas to me you can always smoke yourself sober
it's funny you say that a bout smokng yourself sober,

old man storytime

years ago before i knew better, i did just that.

we had picked up this stuff they called "death" that was fluffier than hell like a weed pillow, way too fresh (pre cure) and smelled like frigging lemon pine-sol (even stung the nostrils)

one of my most memorable highs. seriously like the read the stars, disembodied heads feeling floaty as we walked, super electric soaring thought provoking all that... we were sure it was some kind of haze hybrid, very sativa leaning.

then we met up with some other buddies, they had the typical "headies" type, modern hybrid (i think they claimed it was "white widow", but names were always dubious)

took one hit and wished i hadn't... brought me RIGHT down to the familiar boring high of smoking regularly...

i miss that death

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
So Silver pearl Haze is ( 25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze) the same strain Mr nice call Early Queen x Afghan Haze.

Heritage:Early Queen x Afghan Haze
Category: Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics
Family of breed:25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze-Thai/Columbian/Mexican

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Premium user
420club
So Silver pearl Haze is ( 25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze) the same strain Mr nice call Early Queen x Afghan Haze.

Heritage:Early Queen x Afghan Haze
Category: Exclusive limited editions - New blends of old school genetics
Family of breed:25%Early Pearl,25% Skunk , 25%Afghan,25% Haze-Thai/Columbian/Mexican

I wouldn't consider NL#5 the same as whatever Afghan is in that cross (AfghanT ?) But good looking out.

Edit: just checked the MN forums and they look very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.