What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

the cannabis grow, Trimming the canopy get the bigger yield?

cannayang

Now I grow it with grow lights, by talking with some growers, they suggest me to trim the canopy for getting bigger yields. Is it necessary? when begin to cut them?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Now I grow it with grow lights, by talking with some growers, they suggest me to trim the canopy for getting bigger yields. Is it necessary? when begin to cut them?
It all depends on the amount of lighting one uses and how big the plants grow. If the canopy fan leaves block the light from the inner bud sites, removing them will allow light contact to the inner buds. I like leaving leaves on the plant as long as I can for water transpiration. At the end of veg, I want to remove fan leaves and nonproductive stems a little before flipping.

cannayang

It all depends on the amount of lighting one uses and how big the plants grow. If the canopy fan leaves block the light from the inner bud sites, removing them will allow light contact to the inner buds. I like leaving leaves on the plant as long as I can for water transpiration. At the end of veg, I want to remove fan leaves and nonproductive stems a little before flipping.
very practical! Thank you very much! I adopt grow tent 150*150*200 with 720w LED grow lamps, now two weeks for seedling cultivation.