What's new

The Block (snowboarder hotel in Big Bear)

NOKUY

Veteran
man have any of you guys stayed there or seen the place!...really sick for a hotel!

http://www.theblockhotels.com/bigbear/

part owned by snowboarder mark montoya...he was sick of hotels treating snoboarders like punks.

I just saw a show about it, and I'm def gonna get to big bear this year prolly in february and stay there and ski and ride....I cant resist.

B

Bigtimer7

Hell yea, I wanna go stay there too but I figure its really expensive since the show and everything....

G

Place looks like a fun time for sure! Doesnt cost that much like around 200 a night...so its not that bad and it includes free lift tickets!

C

crownedsparrow

man those rooms look badass but 200 a night is outta my price range right now im po.

NOKUY

Veteran
Dr.Dutch said:
Place looks like a fun time for sure! Doesnt cost that much like around 200 a night...so its not that bad and it includes free lift tickets!

we just booked sum tiks to stay there...

...cool thing is that the room charge is a 1 time charge...then everything else is free....so they don't nickle and dime you to death!...

yeah and free lift tiks...man I cant wait!!!!

I wonder if weed gets smoked around there ...lol!!!

G

Oh fo sho!! people will be blazing mad weed!!! I remember watching a couple espisodes and the kids were hitting bongs and shit!! HAHA looks ****ing awesome and a crazy ass time when new years happens there! Deffiently a place i will go to in the future!

http://www.theblockhotels.com/tahoe/picsvids/
watch the first video

Last edited:
G

So i read some reviews on trip advisor on the block and basically all i read was how bad the rooms were. No heat, dirty as anything, smelling like shit, vomit,piss, beds being very uncomfortable, beds smelling, loud noise 24/7, partying 24/7, shit missing from the room- bulbs, lampshades, towels, toilet broken....ect..This hotel is for thoughs people who like to snowboard all day or how ever long you want and then go back to the block and get trashed and do whatever without being hassled.

NOKUY

Veteran
Dr.Dutch said:
So i read some reviews on trip advisor on the block and basically all i read was how bad the rooms were. No heat, dirty as anything, smelling like shit, vomit,piss, beds being very uncomfortable, beds smelling, loud noise 24/7, partying 24/7, shit missing from the room- bulbs, lampshades, towels, toilet broken....ect..This hotel is for thoughs people who like to snowboard all day or how ever long you want and then go back to the block and get trashed and do whatever without being hassled.
]

damn....thanks for doin' sum research....holiday inn isnt soo bad...the place looked cool anyway

G

Yeah man deffiently use your money to invest in a better hotel for sure!!! I read a review where some family had raccoons in their hallway at night!! HAHA ok im done!