What's new

THAI STICKS

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
So you would agree Donald that outcrossing between different Thai strains is the recipe for the 70s thaiweed gems? Or a part of it? Have you seen the Results of doing that?

And how you mean that when you say : large Populations. Do you mean the choosing Phenos of wilder Ancestors? and again, and again?

I'm sure you could find some nice plants but the key is selection,
Previously farmers would have large fields of a few thousand or more to select from in order to make seed for the next generation of plants, doing this continuously creates superior plants and superior gunga to smoke..
I'd say most available these days are not from such intense selection and therefore inferior to the gunga from times when the larger crops were grown if that makes sense to you..

romanoweed

I Didnt consder the size of crops. But today they still grow big crops.. why these degenerated? probably cause today laws are more strict and Growers of These big fields are just profitoriented, makes sense aswell. Ok big selections could really be a easy Task in therms of decision. Just grow a Million plants and the choosen plant would shurely be more superior thean a selection of two , threhundert. I still would like to kow how important is outcrossing. Aswell i have never seen that inbreding can heighten thc Levels WITHOUT DOWNGRADES... I seem to hear with selection you debalance traits, and dont improove all wanted traits. You often loose a big part. I like more reportet cases,so i can Focus on the right field of breeding.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Probably an advantage we have now is the ability to keep the best plants and grow them again where the Thai people couldn't..
That way we can always restore vigor or other important traits that can be lost with continued inbreeding..
Sam is the best guy to talk with about those things Roman I should think as he has been there and done it..

thxcannabis

I think the old school Thai Stick genetics (mango thai) made there way to the northern Philippines via the local Kalinga strain…great for unicorn seeking breeding projects.

DRorganic

Veteran
I am growing some Thai out now that and some Bruce banner. The 2 smaller plants are the bannor.

Attachments

• photo2110773.jpg
    photo2110773.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 76
  • photo2110774.jpg
    photo2110774.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 75
  • photo2110775.jpg
    photo2110775.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts

Latest posts