What's new

Thai Sativa "Foi Thong" (Gold Thread)

Finepointcanon

Veteran
Hi all, anyone heard of this or have any experience? I have a good grower friend here in Thailand down south who has been growing the best local Thais for many years now. He hits me up if he has something special he thinks I will like (or if he's in a hard place for cash lol, but I can tell the difference by now. If he sends me a pic of like 3 kg spread out on a tarp and says I'll love it, he's usually right. If he sends a pic of like an oz and asks if I want some, that means bills are due and he needs to make a sale. We've all been there and I like to help when I can too)

So he's got some "Original Foi Thong Thai" which translates to "Gold Thread". IDK if that harkens back to Thai stick days, or if it's one of those they used to wrap into bricks or circles and use colored thread to indicate the quality. Anyways he has a lot of good to say about the effect so I am also excited to try, and for 50b per gram I am less and less tempted by the weed shops every day. I only have the one pic, the thing that excited me is that normally his good Thais are pretty low yielding with small flowers, this is the big fat fluffy cola kind. I've been doing some breeding of sorts using F13 from DJ short, so the thought of hitting this fluffy Thai with some F13 has me excited. Smoke will tell though.

f86bdba0-7832-4417-affd-9c4a05ba611e.jpeg

Finepointcanon

Veteran
looks abit like Vietnam weed they selling in here!!? Do any can comfirm this is pure sativa or not so i can score some, i thought is was hybrid not pure sativa vietnamese but maybe im wrong
img_20240927_163559_179-jpg.19073898
View attachment 19073900 View attachment 19073901 View attachment 19073902 View attachment 19073903
Nice! As far as being pure sat or hybrid that's a pretty hard distinction to make nowadays. Even the most whispy super long flowering plants that I've grown from Thai seeds had sisters that acted like indica dom hybrids. How's the smoke on that one?

cotienxanh

Nice! As far as being pure sat or hybrid that's a pretty hard distinction to make nowadays. Even the most whispy super long flowering plants that I've grown from Thai seeds had sisters that acted like indica dom hybrids. How's the smoke on that one?
not buy yet so dont know how is smoke...