What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

TDZ is the hot sh1t for cannabis

this sounds like a good one, i would see why you need a hormone like this in tissue cultures because its all so small.

dizzlekush

Quoted form another site

Thidiazuron
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1075399/pdf/plntphys00602-0361.pdf
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/01140670709510200

It makes the plant produce a TON of shoots at the right concentration.
Anything above the right concentration and you see some of the complexities of competitive, noncompetitive, and uncompetitive binding between hormones.

Using TDZ at the right level will produce 5x the shoots that the plant would otherwise have made. At the required dose its cheap as hell, too.

The info I found suggests You can use like 20:1 GA:TZD. I don't know what TZD concentration to start with.

I think the concentrations of TDZ commonly used in cannabis related study's are between 0.1 and 5.0 with 1 showing up most commonly. that would seem to make your ratio 20:1 likely 20ppm GA and 1ppm TDZ (though half-twice concentration would seem reasonable too)
Or maybe a better choice would be like 2ppm TDZ, 10ppm GA depending on the strain.

TDZ sometimes will boss around any natural auxin which is why values above 0.5 micrograms per liter is about at the max level..1 microgram per liter = 0.001 milligrams per liter

0.5 micrograms=0.0005 milligrams

which is 0.000500571 ppm correct?
The studies don't reflect the same outcome!!!!!!!!!

One way to test your formula is to use a brix refractometer.

Anyone have experience with this hormone in cannabis?
Not to crap on your parade but TDZ will probably be absolutely useless for you unless you're planning on doing some tissue culture regeneration. TDZ is only legally used on one crop, cotton, where its a defoliant, which is what it was originally made to do. As little as 10ppm greatly stunts growth rates in most crops. It's a potent promoter of ethylene evolution, which will cause stunted growth, leaf abscission and a shortening of the bloom cycle. Other than that, it's considered the optimal 'cytokinin' for tissue culture regeneration and organogenesis. This is kind of a misnomer since TDZ isn't strictly speaking a cytokinin since it has different structure than the purine based cytokinins and has auxin promoting abilities unlike other cytokinins which is partly why its so beneficial for tissue culture regeneration, but when it was discovered it was noted to have cytokinin like activity and so its been incorrectly labeled a cytokinin since. Its kinda its own class of PGR.

I'm not here to try to stop you from experimenting with TDZ, just letting you know unless you're using it for tissue culture regeneration/organogenesis, you're very likely to be disappointed with your results. The exception is if you want to use it on fruiting trees by applying 1-10ppm TDZ only to the fruiting sites only and not the leaves or roots. Now that i think about it, I guess you could try making a solution of a few ppm TDZ and use a brush to apply it to bud sites of cannabis without applying it to the roots or leaves, but i wouldn't get your hopes too high. Most improved growth rates this way seem to be from reduced "crop load", aka crop thinning.

A better title for the thread would be "TDZ is the hot $hit for tissue culture regeneration/organogenesis"

Latest posts

Latest posts