What's new

Sunlight Supply 175 Metal Halide

G

I have one of these that I use for seedlings and clones. Yesterday the power went off at my house, after it came back on the light attempted to come back on. It would start and as it was getting brighter it would get to a certain point and go off, after about a 15 to 20 minute recharge it would repeat the same process. I called the manufacture and talked to a tech but really got nowhere does anyone have any ideas. Could it be the bulb, I hope so.

Mo

buzzerd

i have one and i have have had the power go off, and the light would not restart till i turned it off then back on,i found that the problem may be in the switch because i had to toggle it back and forth to get it to light.I think that it maybe a built in safety factor because of the built in ballast.......how old is the bulb ? you could always go to lowe's and get a cheapy bulb and see if that's it
gl... buzzerd

G

Hey Buzzerd thanks for the reply, yea I tried turning it off and letting it set for awhile. I was gonna try a cheapy bulb like you said, the one I have in there is about or close to a year old. Bout time for a new one anyway. I just hope thats it. Like I said it actslike it is gonna start the light actually comes when it reaches a certain point of brightness it just goes off, if I leave it on it will retry after about 15 minutes then do the same thing.

I have a 175 on my reef tank and if the power goes off and comes right back on the bulb does the same thing. It needs time to cool down and then should restart normally. Hope this helps some.

G

From my knowledge, when light's are interrupted like this, I take and unplug the ballast from power supply for 15minute's, then replug them in and turn them on.

Not sure if you can get away with less or not, just how I have alway's done it, unplug the ballast and let them set 15 minute's before restarting them up.

I have had hood's drop, free standing lamp's get knocked over, and out of it all I have never lost a bulb yet, just lucky I think, but if the bulb does not hit anything they can take a good bounce.

grow safe.

realhigh.

G

Well just to put a close to this thread it was the bulb. Thanks to all who helped. Just a note if your Halide acts like it's gonna start then reaches a certain point of brightness and then goes off, and constantly repeats this cycle, it is the normally the bulb. This answer was aquired by searching the web.

Thanks again to all who helped.

:smoweed: Mo,

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
my 250 which i use for early veg and moms does this if it is switched off, u need to let it cool right nback down b4 trying again.

sorry, didnt see last post b4 typing this

Latest posts

Latest posts