What's new

Summer Days... with Discounts - Sweet Seeds®

All Cacti Are Beautiful

420club
I agree that the best defense is a good health, also true for humans. Around here it's very dry and neighboring farms are spraying year round which we don't. We have been working towards a more balanced ecosystem over the last few years so that's getting better but last year when I wasn't here the caterpillars were noticed very late and caused a lot of damage. Keeping a close eye on them and hand picking gave good results in other years so I will be doing that again.
But I can imagine some plants might contain terps that naturally repel caterpillars more than others. Since sweet seeds is a Spanish based seedbank where caterpillars are very present I'm wondering if they have observed that or know of customers who have.

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi all! :)

Yes, when the plan is healthy and growing vigorously it is harder to get affect by pests and diseases. Caterpillars are a bit different, but it's hard to advice a strain. From experience, I would choose Green Poison® or Green Poison F1 Fast Version® as I never saw them having this type of problems.

But the best advice is to use bacillus thuringiensis as a preventive. There's a few brands selling it and it's like a powder that can be spread along the stems and branches and if a moth lays eggs on the plant, then when the eggs pop the little caterpillars can't thrive due to the bacillus thuringiensis.

Good luck with it and... sweet smokes!

tommy

All Cacti Are Beautiful

420club
Thanks for taking the time to write an extensive response. When I saw you mention bt I stopped reading at first because I don't want to spray anything on the buds like often advised. You mention spreading it along the stem and branches which sounds interesting and it's the first time I hear about it.

Any more advice on how and when to start this application?

Sweet smokes for sure, last year's fem mix and green poison have been keeping us happy 😊

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to write an extensive response. When I saw you mention bt I stopped reading at first because I don't want to spray anything on the buds like often advised. You mention spreading it along the stem and branches which sounds interesting and it's the first time I hear about it.

Any more advice on how and when to start this application?

Sweet smokes for sure, last year's fem mix and green poison have been keeping us happy 😊

Hey!

I'd say around 2 weeks before the plants are expected to start flowering.

Cheers!

;)

tommy

Latest posts

Latest posts