What's new

Stronger rooting agent make cloning easier??

Tomatoesonly

Well, I got too comfortable cloning, and my latest batch is having all kinds of problems striking roots.
I was doing just about anything I wanted and they would clone. Now, using RW and Clonex and a dome... I'm getting a very very low success rate.
I'm wondering if something like Hormodin 3 would be better since it has a .8% IBA. Clonex is .31%

Tomatoesonly

Those products lose efficacy over time are they old?
Hormex makes a very high iba powder for hard to root trees and shrubs that will root just about anything.
Well the bottle I'm using of clonex I kept in the fridge, but it is at least a year old and may have been abused prior to my purchase. Still purple but runny. It's not a gel any more.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Water the plant clones are to be taken from 20 min before clipping.

If the clonex is runny it's expired. Clonex isn't very good to begin with. Dogzter was on the money with his recommendation.

You should not need a dome with an aero cloner. If you get a little wilt a light mist of water cures that.

Tomatoesonly

I use tap water in an aero cloner with great success. I don’t use a dome. The more water I get to move through the cutting, the faster I get roots. I usually process around 100 clones a month.

The 100% most important part is a healthy mother plant.
I grabbed a bubble cloner, and cut a clone for it. We'll see how it does. That hormex is expensive compared to Hormodin.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hormodex powders are perfect for traditional cuttings in a media like peat/coir/perlte ect.
Have not found them as usefull in a bubble cloner as it is actively washed off , a liquid product might be better here.

Or buy the pure IBA chemical off fleabay which is much cheaper.