What's new
  • As of today ICMag has his own Discord server. In this Discord server you can chat, talk with eachother, listen to music, share stories and pictures...and much more. Join now and let's grow together! Join ICMag Discord here! More details in this thread here: here.
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Strawberry Snow Cone Grow and Smoke Report

Matt8800

This is a cross that I have not yet flowered. I crossed Shiskaberry with our Strawberry Diesel.
Disclosure - I am a breeder with a seed company. Since this is a strain we will not have available for some time, I thought the moderators might let me post this grow report.
I love seeing the flowers on a new cross for the first time. I thought it would be interesting to document the process of the pheno selection and seeing what we end up with. I started with 150 seeds in this round and will start culling the runts.

I chose Shiskaberry (clone only) as one of the parents because it adds crazy frost to whatever you cross it with. When I had two warehouses, we couldn't keep Shiskaberry in stock because it was a strain people really liked. What I felt could be added was some flavor, some sativa and more yield. Strawberry Diesel is a potent, great yielder and will make a room smell like sour strawberries.

I just started growing in flood tables with 6" rockwool cubes under 1600 Mars Hydro LEDs. Ive had issues with the plants looking unhappy for a couple weeks when the roots dig into the rockwool. They seem to take off in a couple weeks but got to figure that out..

Matt8800

Ive been culling the males and tossing the runt females. Im down to picking the final keeper male. Im going to go with a male that is a little shorter than some of the others but I like the male flower clusters better than the rest. The male flower clusters coming out of the nodes are more larger than the clusters on the other males. I don't mind so much that it is shorter because it is just in intermodal length, not number of nodes. Some of the other males were larger but only because they had more stretch. The top pic is the male Im keeping and the bottom pic is an example of the kind of flower clusters Im seeing on the other males.
I will keep it in mind that I picked a male with less intermodal length when I choose the female to pick the F2 seeds out of that will end up making the F3 seeds.
Im excited to see what this cross is going to produce :)
picture.php

picture.php

Matt8800

Here is Strawberry Snow Cone at 4 weeks. Its a sign of good things to come when there is already frost on the fan leaves :)

There is one pheno where the loud strawberry smell came through from our strawberry diesel male. The smell is amazing but Ive learned to wait until you smoked it to make the final decision on the keeper.

I'll post pics every week from here. Should get interesting.

picture.php

picture.php

Matt8800

Today I had to decide to scrap this project. I found one pheno that had a nice bud structure and was looking awesome but found some nanners on it today. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Here is a pic of our strawberry diesel at 4 weeks though. Extremely happy with the way this one turned out.

picture.php