What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Stem pics experiment

These pics show the main stem of a White Widow that was chopped 2 days ago. The plant was grown in re-used soil in a 7 gal smartie. It was dwarfish right from the get go. I may have shocked it with an abrupt switch to cxb's after vegging under cfl. Also when i transferred it from 1 gal to 7 gal i carved out space from roots that had flowered a 16 week sativa. So it may have been starved for nutrients and had to struggle somewhat for root growth. Note that the main stem is solid on the lower part and develops a hollow center further up the stem. The branches off the main stem are solid. plant was 9 weeks 11/13

The plant stayed very short and squatty. it yielded OK. The fragrance is fine. It's not dry enough to sample so Ill follow up with those details

Last edited:
Thanks we will see how she hits next week

All of the pics show the single main stem. On the lowest parts it was solid. Higher up it gets hollow and it finallly tapers to solid near top.

Some folks theorize that hollow stem is symptom of boron and or calcium deficiency. Yield was fine on this plant even tho it was runtish. Ill describe the smoke next week.