What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Sorry for another tourism thread :/

I don't know if this bothers you guys or what. Since it's not even in German.

With that said, I'll be in the Frankfurt area for about a week in March. My girlfriend is working there.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions of things I shouldn't miss.

I'm thinking of going to the Starkbierzeit in Munchen. After that I thought we will visit Brussels, Rotterdam, and finally Amsterdam.

I figure if I'm going to be over in that part of the world I can't miss a chance to enjoy Amsterdam.

I'm having trouble finding what the exact dates of the Starkbierzeit is. They say a couple weeks in March but not which weeks. It sounds fun. Have any of you been?

Unfortunately I only have a week. Any suggestions of things to see on that side of Germany or in the other cities I mentioned?

Feel free to reply in German if you're more comfortable. I can translate it with Altavista Babelfish or something.

Thanks so much! I can't wait to enjoy your awesome country :D

Edit: Oh I'm into nature, outdoor activities, culture, history, and FOOD (bigtime). Besides drinking and smoking weed of course haha.

Last edited:

ShuShu

Gr8StonedDragon said:
I'm having trouble finding what the exact dates of the Starkbierzeit is. They say a couple weeks in March but not which weeks. It sounds fun. Have any of you been?

I'll answer in german, that's maybe better translatable than reading my english..

Es beginnt am 19. März und dauert 17 Tage.

By the way, could you give me a corrent english translation of this? I'm sooo bad in prepositions... that's the only reason. :)

Have some nice days in Germany... I'm just swiss :joint:

ShuShu said:
Es beginnt am 19. März und dauert 17 Tage.

By the way, could you give me a corrent english translation of this? I'm sooo bad in prepositions... that's the only reason. :)

From altavista babelfish:

It begins to 19. March and takes 17 days.

Thanks! Your english looks great to me :)

I'm gonna go to the Paulaner Beerhouse and visit Neuschwanstein the next day.

I can't wait to go. I read the Keukenhof Gardens will be opening in Amsterdam just when I get there!

I'm super excited :D

Last edited: