What's new

Silic Rock - Silicium in Organic? Please help me!

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Hey!
I do wanna know, if its possible to use Silic Rock in my Organic Soil - With Organic nutrients.
Biobizz Light mix or my coco wormcastings + perlite mix, could i use it?

i do think it has acid in it (in the product) the PH is 1.5 or so.
My tapwater has a ph of 7.6 and if i add 0.4ml into 1L of water ill get a 6.5 ph.

Will it "kill" my soillife with the Acid? Or can i use it with every watering without any problems? What is ur take on that?

And do u think i could use it in a autopot system without any problems? Just look at the Ph in the tank every day and adjust it maybe to 6.5? Ive never adjusted my ph.. so get the ph to 6.5 and silicium into the plants would be more then great actually.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
How often do you use silica for plants?
Soil growers can use silica throughout the duration of the growing cycle. Although some suggest stopping use past the third week of the flowering stage, many growers use it successfully all the way through. You also need to remain mindful of soil pH to get the most out of your silica products. Google

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hey!
I do wanna know, if its possible to use Silic Rock in my Organic Soil - With Organic nutrients.

My tapwater has a ph of 7.6 and if i add 0.4ml into 1L of water ill get a 6.5 ph.

Will it "kill" my soillife with the Acid? Or can i use it with every watering without any problems? What is ur take on that?

And do u think i could use it in a autopot system without any problems? Just look at the Ph in the tank every day and adjust it maybe to 6.5? Ive never adjusted my ph.. so get the ph to 6.5 and silicium into the plants would be more then great actually.
Does silica kill microbes?
Silica NPs have been found to inhibit bacteria adherence to oral biofilms (Cousins et al. 2007). Although not strictly having a toxic mechanism, the silica induces an unfavorable change in the biofilm to reduce the adhesion, and therefore proliferation of bacteria.

If you use it mixed with water watch the pH closely in the substrate and use only enough to maintain the soil's correct pH. Someone will be along to give you the heads up. Hold what you got.

Terpyterps

I use Aptus Regulator that has stable Mono-Silicic Acid and it goes straight in to the plant. But I use it once a week only or once every two weeks. It’s funny because often the plants that grow in organic soil see this product introduced they hail the sun by praying for the intense effects. Because everything else is slowly released by beneficial microbes and they get the taste this they are like WOW! I would recommend using MSA for organic growing, benefits are huge. Also personally using Green Sensation at flower state and it is not organic but not toxic to the microbes in the soil either, but doing 1/3-1/2 dosage because it builds up and give it to them once a week only to combat the building up in the soil. Si is important for plants and it is very insoluble to plants but MSA goes straight in.

Last edited:

Terpyterps

Hey!

I’m pretty sure you would be just fine to use this in your organic soil grow. It’s not that dangerous to add mineral nutrients to organic soil, but just start with lower dosage and don’t use them every time you water your plants. MSA benefits the plants in a huge way and plants won’t get enough from natural way from the soil, it gets the bare minimum but it benefits from bigger amounts and happily does ingest extra.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I put some Agsil16 in the top water solution through stretch to help the stalks get stronger. Doesn’t seem to hurt.

As far as pH of the soil, when the roots are active my pH meter reads 3.5-4. I call that the "spark" as the ions are being transferred back and forth. That same pH probe showed around 7 before I put the sprouts into the bags. In fact I added about 3 cups of dolomite lime to each 10 gallon bag just before that to raise the pH.

Last edited:

Ttutorial

420club
winner@420giveaway
Ive just used it like 6 weeks every watering.. i dont see any difference tbh
Still not sure if its okay to throw it into the autopot.

Terpyterps

Ive just used it like 6 weeks every watering.. i dont see any difference tbh
Still not sure if its okay to throw it into the autopot.
What do you throw there? If using any other form of silica than MSA then there wont be ”visible” effects, I think it is because you give them gradually silica but with MSA you can see some changes. It also can stunt growth if used “too much” in some cases it can be desired effect.

weedemart

Potassium sillicate wont make a big visual difference but it does have benefit.

You will probly never suffer from fungus attack like powdery mildew

It strengthen the plant cell and your plant will be be more resistant to insect attack that suck sap.

It increase plant metabolism and resistance to unfavorable condition like drought.

I use it every watering start to finish @ 20ppm si concentration. (40ppm sio2)

Terpyterps

Yes, I am very familiar with the effects and benefits. No I never have had issues with PM or other issues, but I have been using pretty much always MSA so that might be one reason but also I have always taken care of basics like environmental factors and never touch plants if I haven’t washed my hands and so on. Those are the most effective ways of keeping pests and diseases away from the plants. Only place where I have had problems is outdoors but this summer I will try bit less plants but I will supplement them with MSA.

Latest posts

Latest posts