What's new

serrea leone strains

mintz

does any one know any thing on strains from sierra leone or the countries next or near it?iv heard great things about the herb from there,many different colours and flavors.but i never hear nothing thats mixed with any thing from round there! why is that?

mintz

thanks ,nice pic,theres some truth in what you say,but we have a longer weed history than that there

ahortator

Veteran
Hi, you are welcome!

I agree that cannabis, or djamba, must have a longer history in Western Africa than the authorities make us to believe. But even in the book Hashish, Robert Connell Clarke tells that.

Cannabis spreading in Africa

I think that there are not many commercial hybrids with Western African genetics because those countries were engaged in war, and there are not safe touristic destinations.

I was looking for information about Sierra Leone landraces but I only found stories about kamajors, soldier kids, blood diamonds, RUF rebels and war. Nothing about djamba grown there.

Here you can read about the Black Magic African strain, but I don't know where it grows.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/4280.html

One wonderful thing that I saw in pics is the Cotton Tree in Freetown. I love it!

Greetings

mintz

yes i think that part of africa is a bit non tourist safe and the food and climate are very,well lets just say ,if your not use to the culture and climate it will kill you,but i know there is some very special and unknown strains just waiting to be used.
bless 1

ahortator

Veteran
At least it is not contaminated with Dutch skunks, hehehe.

A very important thing is that Sierra Leone, Liberia and the Congo regions are the most rainy and wet places on Earth, so that strains must withstand mold very well.

Along with the strong psychedelic high of the strains from the zone makes them very interesting.

Greetings

Rastatrue

Salone buds

Salone buds

Sierra Leone smokes a lot of bush weed. During my 2 years there the best bud was imported. The sun is out 12 hours every day so flowering cycle is tight and the 6 month weather patterns of rain or no rain make successful growing a local talent.

Weed or 'taffy', gjamba, is cheap as hell. 5 cents will buy you a wrap, $5 will get you a lb. The young people smoke but weed smoking was NOT a local tradition. The palm wine man is the most important guy in any village. Heard of one place where the Limba man fell out of the tree and no local guys would even climb. They had to bring in a man to tap the trees.

I'm not saying don't go, or that all the weed no good. The imports from Nigeria would blast off the top of your head. Just the local landrace was pretty weak. I tried to grow some seeds I brought from the States, they never got more than 12 inches high.:tumbleweed:

Latest posts

Latest posts