What's new

seeds

sparobis

Veteran
hello folks,
the 2 pics is a plant(gn's white widow)this plant is a byproduct of a ww plant i grew out months ago,found 3 seeds in it germed them,these 2 survived.
can any of you explain this to me as i dont really understand..they are both females as u can see but way different in structure.i threw them into 12/12 as soon as they hit air after germing..i mean the differences are obvious but, i thought they are supposed to be identical ....right? please someone kindly explain this to me...appreciate your patient and tips/comments.tyvm
peace
sparo
#1 looks mainly sativa......the 2nd definately indica dominant...whats the story?

Last edited:

KingRalph

selfing a plant taps into the genepool hidden in the plant to spurt out different representations in each different seed. behold... phenos. ww is of course not an ibl, so there are phenos.

G

sparobis - What do you mean by "byproduct"? Do you know the origin of the pollen?
Ralph - I didn't see mention of selfing.

KingRalph

"a byproduct of a ww plant i grew out months ago,found 3 seeds in it"

i went ahead n assumed byproduct of a plant meant it made seeds and "in it" reinforced the singularity of the ww plant making me think the plant made them on itself, in addition to sparobis' notion they would be identical is inline with selfing myth soooo... i went ahead n assumed.

white widow f2's or a white widow s1 will have varying phenos of both spectrum like ya've got there. but fill us in on what could have pollinated the plant other than itself.

G

Them both being Female supports that theory too Ralph. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I didn't read Into it that far. What you are saying about differences is true. Even if the pollination was from a true male WW variations could occur. My next question for sparobis is.... What made you think they were supposed to be Identical to their mom? Does either resemble her?

sparobis

Veteran
thx ralph for your info and wwm,
im dont know how the plant got pollinated..all i know is there were 3 seeds in the ww plant when i harvested it..so..i germed them and these 2 lived!where i got the info on being identical?i read it somewhere in here..i must have misunderstood..im still learning!
i appreciate your comments tho fellas tyvm..the sativa pheno is doing great! the indica pheno is growing weird....has fan leaves growing with the actual flowers
peace
sparo

G

if there were no other plants in the room with the WW that you found the seeds in, it self pollinated itself, the resulting progeny will have, as ralph said, variation out the yinyang, and you should be keeping a steady eye out there for sex reversals, as this trait is carried over and as i understand it, in increased occurance.

sparobis

Veteran
thx captain...i will keep an eye out for that mutation
hope it dont do that..the plants look pretty nice
peace
sparo

Latest posts

Latest posts