What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Saxony

theclearspot

Hello my German friends, what is the law like for MJ in Saxony, I want to visit Dresden area,is it ok to carry around a small amount 1-2 grammes? no worries if not,theres always the superb German beer:tiphat:........cheers:ying:

F

Forscher

If you get caught you get fined instantly as you do neither have a residence in Germany nor a German passport and probably registered as a drug offender which would be relevant for further controls, court decisions and so on.

theclearspot

You mean you could go to court for a couple of grammes?! sounds a bit strict, thought it was a bit liberal there but ive only been to Berlin ....

wizoo

Veteran
your case would go to local state's attorney who can decide IF it goes to court or not - thats the liberal part when caught with "small amounts"
instead of bringing your case to court, you'd pay a fine and get registered for possessing as Forscher already told you.

"small amount" is interpreted differently though, depending on where you get caught... berlin is not dresden is not hamburg or munich etc.

anyway: enjoy your beer over there; great varieties available!
(try the dark ones like köstrizer ;))

JuC

it's always good to be prepared for the worst case but i think the risk is very low as long as you don't smoke where too many people can locate the smell to the spliff in your hand :biggrin:

i was several times at the splash festival near leipzig and that was the most friendly and no-stressing police i have ever experienced in germany...
i come from the south where it's much stricter.. when we drove there the first time, police stopped us maybe 5km before the festival and i was like...fuck...on the way to a hiphop festival, older car, slept one night in the car, messed it up a little bit..we were young :p (and about 20g in our luggages)
at home we would have been totally fucked in this situation...
but they stopped us and just said "guys, you need to take the street on the left behind you to the festival, have fun..." :dance013:
before the hiphopopen in stuttgart you walk(ed) between two 200m long walls of policemen and everywhere around you people have to empty their pockets...that was seriously different in saxony!!

with not even a festival or something...why/how should they find 1-2g...

F

Forscher

You mean you could go to court for a couple of grammes?! sounds a bit strict, thought it was a bit liberal there but ive only been to Berlin ....
No, being a registered drug offender could be relevant in police controls and court decisions that come up after you got registered.

Berlin is the state with the biggest deficit and has loads of problems so you figure why it is considered the most liberal state towards weed in Germany.