What's new

satellite II lights ?

G

:confused: has anyone tried these new fluorescents? they are 210 watts per four foot lights. I checked them out at the hydro store and they were growing better pepper plants than mh they also had bigger root systems. The man said that he had started them from seeds and clones and the flouros did better each time

G

Hope i haven't but i was thinking of trying this brand Sunlight Supply Tek Light T-5 for better cfl system. I figure its worth the extra cash for more lumens. Let me know how yours works for you. Jubei

Rellikbuzz

Hillbilly and Jubei - I have the Sunlight Supply "New Wave" Tek 5 flouro. I just started some beans under it and so far so good. The only thing that surprised me is the amount of heat it puts off. I have it in a 57" x 41" 17" cabinet. On the first trial run (without plants) the temps got up to 97 degrees with the cabinet doors closed. I am having to run it with the doors open until I get these two muffins fans (1-4" 104 cfm for intake and 1-6" 192 for exhaust) put into the cabinet to cool things down a bit. Other than that, I am very pleased with it so far. The bulbs/tubes are much thinner than the standard flouro tube and put out 64 watts each. I have the four tube four footer. Here's some pics of it.

The best price I found on it was at Texas Hydroponics website. They had it on sale for $224.99 plus tax (no tax if out of state of course). Here's a link to their website.

www.texashydroponics.com