What's new

S1 then BX to preserve Drizella Genetics?

FlamingCheeba

I have two beautiful Drizella x Ms Universe clones, one being a taller pheno.

This plant is a powerhouse, they both have every characteristic I look for in a outdoor plant.
Drizella dominant, with some recessive Ms Universe coming thru. Just a beautiful cross by Dynasty. These were supposed to be regular seeds. I ended up with two females and the other three never germinated. I want to keep this strain alive ,I never see Drizella crosses anymore,or Drizella period. I plan to take a clone of each and reverse with sts to make fem seeds.
Now to my question, I plan to reverse both phenos to get seed stock, I also have a goji male I plan to hit a clone with as well. Once I have the S1 seed stock how would the mothers come into play as far as BXing. Should the reversed clones only be used to self itself? Could I play around with growing out the S1 seed stock finding a keeper and reverse it or the original mother and crossing them? Hoping to stabilize the S1's .

Any help with crossing selfing and playing around in this realm would be appreciated. It's a strain my gut is telling me to hold onto as long as possible.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's anybody's guess! You will need to put your thoughts into action and find out how to breed your own selection. Someone may make suggestions but they are only suggestions. You have everything you need to find the answer you are looking for. Someone may show up and help you. Keep us posted.

FlamingCheeba

It's going to take a while to get to that point. Im wanting to keep the Drizella traits dominant and not get into culls. I've got a bit of knowledge in the old bean , I'll just take it one step at a time. Thanks man.

sixonetrees

Hey, I've made bxs and S1s with the intention of preserving lines/digging for specific traits.

First, I would ask yourself, what are you specifically looking to do? Look for variety within the two (Drizella x Ms Universe) or are you looking to hone in on a specific aspect of one of the particular clones? Are you trying to combine them to make the ultimate (Drizella x Ms Universe) with adding say, potency from one and size from the other? Are you looking to add something from the goji in particular as well, and then would that be onto one or both of the clones? All fairly important to think about before you get too deep into the project.

If I was doing this with the intention of trying to hone in specific aspects of either clone, say stretch from the one (Drizella x Ms Universe) + profile from the goji but then potency from the other (Drizella x Ms Universe) for example.

First I would take the lengthy clone, and reverse that unto itself.
Second you would have to hunt those and find one with the stretch you're looking for (remember S1 will give you a high ceiling and a low floor of everything in the strain so there's going to be some shit and some gold). Third take the goji and then hit that to the selection you've made, again you will have to then run the progeny and find the lengthy (S1 x goji) select for stability as well give them a decent stress test and see if they herm. Fourth if everything is going to plan, now we reverse the "potent" (Drizella x Ms Universe) and chuck that onto the (S1 x goji) selection, again run the progeny and select for desired traits.

There's a lot of ways to do it depending what you're looking to accomplish. I would suggest, whatever will give you the most joy.

Attached: Purple Garlic S1s I'm working on currently, used STS to make it as well so any questions on that I'd be happy to help with as well as breeding theory.

cheers,
six

Attachments

• PXL_20230822_233035581.jpg
    PXL_20230822_233035581.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Latest posts