What's new

Root Rot? Mold? Purple Dying Leaves

Illadelph

My lights just came on and it seems that I have a few problems.

one is that on only one of my 4 ladies, the second to newest growth is turning purple and drying up and dying.

When I noticed this, I looked at the roots, and notices some brown parts. Not sure if this is root rot. When I weeded out my Males the other day, their roots were tangled with the others, so i just cut the roots of the males, leaving their roots tangled in the reservoir. Is that bad, should I change the water?

Also, i noticed what looks like white mold on some of my peat pellets, not very bad yet, I think it may have started from the dead cotyledens that died but stayed on teh plant. They didn't really dry up and fall off, just died and got kinda mushy.

This is my first grow and hasn't gone smoothly, they've been burned and locked out

It is DWC, Bubba Kush, ultrasonic fogger, airstone, 400w MH/HPS with plenty of ventilation. Temps are in acceptable range. Plants still look healthy except for what I've just mentioned.

Sorry for the shitty pics, i only have a camera phone.

most of my plants still look pretty healthy. I've had to trim off lost of deal leaves, but I still have some nice dark green ones. I'm hoping that these girls can be saved

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Might want to get something for the roots, sounds like a little root rot. the white stuff you mentionned sounds like it might be salt build up, how is the water treated? ph? how bout the ppm/ec of the nutrients your using?

Illadelph

What can i get for the roots? Its distilled water. PH is around 6 I think. Its hard to tell because the water is already a little yellow/green from the nutes, and i have like an aquarium PH testing Kit, so its hard to tell what color it is turning. About 700 PPMs.

Illadelph

So does that mean its okay to leave the roots that I cut off the males in the res? or should i change the water or what. I dont think I can get em untangled from the female's

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Go to your local grow store, I forget the name but they got something specificly for root rot... Ima get back when I find this stuff but if you dont want to wait just go and ask them about it at the nursery.

Illadelph

so how to i weed out the males when their roots are tangled with the females? just avoid getting them tangled to begin with or use all clones?

Also, got some ones in soil that are drooping. Could this be because i just moved them under more intense lights? Or too much or too little water? i think its one of those

wishbone420

guess u can leave them in there. i would suggest finding females in soil next time. then clone them. then put clones in your system. no male roots rotting in there. think ull be alright. but could cause problems.peace