What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

rocket fuel foliar spray

I want to make a pre-mixed foliar solution in liquid concentrate and 'ready-to-use' form.
I am hoping some of you may offer your opinion on my proposed foliar solution, what it may be lacking or what it may not need or cross talk.

Ideally I'd like to make a pre-mixed concentrate liquid.
that i could add the brassinolide to before use.

Here are is a collection of some of my questions:

a) Can everything but BAP and tiacontanol be mixed together dry?

b) Can they all be mixed together in concentrated liquid form?

c) What are 'suggested' ratios (ppm?) for each of these components?

d) Any cross talk?

e) Anything need adding or need removed?

f) When to apply and how often?

Here is my mix (testing):

benzylaminopurine (dry) .......must be disolved into a liquid
bassinolide 0.1% (dry) .........must be added to liquid just before use ....and not stored unless frozen
triacontanol (paste or liquid concentrate)
Amino Acid Complex (dry)
Fulvic Acid (dry)
Yucca Extract (dry)
Ascophyllum Nodusum Kelp (dry)

I make my foliars with a "base" of boiled alfalfa for the Triacontinol, adding almost exactly the same ingredients with the exception of the BAP and Brassinolide. I also use that base for my AACT. Paste or liquid concentrate would make for more accurate known concentration levels of triacontinol, though.

omera1

how often did you want to spray this formulation ? i ask because you see the results from the 6-BAP topic, just 3 applications of 200pm cause dramatical difference in growth. i think for weekly applications you should stay <50ppm. i want to try a application of 10ppm bap every 2 or 3 days the first 3 weeks in flower to hold a constant level of cytokinin.

here is ja very very (!!) interesting article about bud produktion by inhibiting the degrading of cytokinins in plants by deaktivating some genes. my thought is to simulate this situation by holding a constant level of bap in the first weeks.
the article is in german, so maybe try to translate with google:

http://www.pflanzenforschung.de/journal/aktuelles/ein-hormonschalter-treibt-neue-blueten

regards,
omera1
(and as usual: sry for my english:)

Latest posts

Latest posts