What's new

Question on Aeroponic propagator

NoiseCTRL

ICMag Donor
Hi Growers!
So i've got myself a small aeroponic propagator (EZ Cloner 12) to speed up my cloning process. It's the first time i use one and i was figuring out on wich timer should i put it. I don't think it must be running 24/7 isn't it? I've got a 15min step analog timer and i wonder would it be ok if i run it 15min every hour? Or like 15min ON 15min OFF? Thanks to anyone will answer
Peace!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I used an automatic recycling timer. I would think running too much would raise water temperature and rot the cuttings, unless adding minute amount of chlorine. I only use rockwool after a couple of disasters.

cola

I believe they're meant to be run 24/7. Created one using tub, pump, hoses, and misters, When in use run it like that.

NoiseCTRL

ICMag Donor
I used an automatic recycling timer. I would think running too much would raise water temperature and rot the cuttings, unless adding minute amount of chlorine. I only use rockwool after a couple of disasters.
What kind of disasters? I’m getting into full hydro and I’ve heard so many contrastant opinions

entropical

Veteran
Used to run on seconds timer, this blog gives a few good tips!

entropical

Veteran
I believe they're meant to be run 24/7. Created one using tub, pump, hoses, and misters, When in use run it like that.
They are meant to help cuttings produce as much roots as possible and running one 24/7 risk raising temperature, causing less roots to be produced or worse. Often it is why you may want to use a timer.

Some argue benefit with a wet-dry cycle but I could not say.

NoiseCTRL

ICMag Donor
They are meant to help cuttings produce as much roots as possible and running one 24/7 risk raising temperature, causing less roots to be produced or worse. Often it is why you may want to use a timer.

Some argue benefit with a wet-dry cycle but I could not say.
I'm running it 15 min every hour. I'll update in a week

Gone Camping

I recently started running 15 on, 15 off. My 24 site still reaches high 70's at times. Better than 80's I imagine.

That said.. all 24 last round sprouted root.

Hiddenjems

I have 3 of these. Every one of them works best with the water over 70*, which to me was a surprise. I set mine on a concrete slab in low light and run the pumps constant. I do use southern ag gff.

I’ve also found they work best without a cover or leaf trimming. The more water you run through the cutting, the faster it roots.