What's new

PTSD, Exercise and Weed

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
No more cookies, pastries, cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, doughnuts, candy, soda, sports drinks, energy drinks, pies, turnovers, protein bars, Little Debbies, popcycles, fudge bombs, shakes, dip cones, chewing gum, puddings, milk chocolate, chocolate milk, sweet coffees, sweet teas, sweet bread, pop tarts, sweet juices granola bars and a few others.

I started avoiding this stuff last August (9 months ago). I'm never going back to eating it again. All my friends and family who are sick and in the hospital still eat this stuff. I feel as good or better than when I was 21 years old. Stopping sweets saved me from a lifetime of taking medicines. A lot of people my age take 4 or more medicines a day.

Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sugar triggers a cascade of inflammatory reactions in the body. When we eat sugary foods or refined carbohydrates, it causes a spike in blood glucose levels, then the pancreas produces insulin to circulate sugars to be used as energy in our cells. Diets that are chronically high in sugary foods can lead to insulin resistance, a state where blood sugar becomes poorly managed in the body.” Insulin resistance can lead to health issues such as metabolic syndrome and diabetes, so it’s definitely something to avoid says nutritionist Lola Ross.

Our bodies are simply not designed to contend with huge amounts of sugar. “Our palaeolithic ancestors were thought to consume around 20 teaspoons of sugar a year whereas today, with added sugars being so ubiquitous in our food systems, the average American consumes around 53 teaspoons a day,” Ross points out. While exclusionary diets are never recommended, when it comes to sugar, experts agree that cutting down on added and unnatural forms of sugar—not fruit—would do us all good in the long term

kokomarin

Now,I am able to recognaize sighns of metabolic sindrom in others,but nobody belive.
Keto-acido stress make skeleton of me in
few weeks.
Now,my body is like 30years ago,I start to love myself,will for life is back afrer few destructive decade.
All refined food become junk for me.
Creeperpark,I am balcanese from adriatic sea cost,but you are the first brother in life,we stoped eat junk in same time:)

hfm

No more cookies, pastries, cakes, cupcakes, ice cream, doughnuts, candy, soda, sports drinks, energy drinks, pies, turnovers, protein bars, Little Debbies, popcycles, fudge bombs, shakes, dip cones, chewing gum, puddings, milk chocolate, chocolate milk, sweet coffees, sweet teas, sweet bread, pop tarts, sweet juices granola bars and a few others.

I started avoiding this stuff last August (9 months ago). I'm never going back to eating it again. All my friends and family who are sick and in the hospital still eat this stuff. I feel as good or better than when I was 21 years old. Stopping sweets saved me from a lifetime of taking medicines. A lot of people my age take 4 or more medicines a day.
I quit sugar, caffine, processed food and curbed my carb intake.If you eat sugar it will switch off the full sensors in your brain so you eat more then needed to sustain yourself.Good job by you its not easy to do,especially since it's added to everything to get you to crave and consume more.

Latest posts

Latest posts