What's new

Pollen and its affect on clones...seedlings

JohnBudd

I have my grow all in one room.....flowering is next too a closed in area where my clones are vegging under 24 hours of light.
Problem is a male released some pollen in the room, seeded most the girls. I am afraid the clones got some pollen there.
If I reveg the clones under 24 hours of light, clean the leaves very very well...(all known female clones) should they be ok? I think pollen is looking for hairs to hang onto...and if none there....hope they stay strong and female.
I dont know the chemistry of the plant once it picks up pollen? Does the physical make-up, results of the plants change upon pollen landing on it? Are these clones save-able?
A kick in the pants seeing seeds all over the girls....but shit happens, and need to learn and move on.
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciatted. :wink:

Growdoc

Cannabis Helper
Veteran
They should be fine.... no worries here mate, worst case you get like 3 seeds per plant... remeber it takes 3-4 weeks before pollen dies..

Growdoc

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
a suggestion for you would be to load up the mistor and go nutty on them :bat: fresh viable pollen does NOT like water...

G

zeppelindood said:
a suggestion for you would be to load up the mistor and go nutty on them :bat: fresh viable pollen does NOT like water...
well thats what i was going to say lol.. if there is any chance that the pollen got to the clones .. it will only seed the preflowers .. sometimes i pollenate the preflowers ... this way i only get a few seeds .. i have a plant that i done this with now when we can upload pics i will show ya

JohnBudd

Thanks Growdoc,Zepplindood,and Sunsimulator for chiming in with the good news for me. The kush clone has been around awhile, and I would be mui sad to see it screwed up. I will go crazy with the water....a good bath for them all!
Thanks again and here is the thought of the day, "Stay high, cause pigs can't fly." :confused:

Latest posts

Latest posts