What's new

Please Help "Defoliation" advice...

Great Photo! You are under-scoring/Highlighting the essense of Cannabis 'Yoga' Pruning.
The less time I spend on the ground the less inspiring it can become. Realty Check: As Humans honoring our ancestral Lineage we should probably be spending at least 4 Hours on the ground per day. Maybe even not counting sleeping -- which ideally is on the earth sympathetically vibrating with Mother Earth's Shumann Hz resonace.... I like the way I talk... Ha Ha

Ca++

Baleaf long sleeve shirts and gloves my man, anti microbial non stick shirt and gloves. My everyday.
I have found these non stick gloves?
Non-Stick-Silicone-Glove-Silicone-Oven-Gloves.jpg_350x350.jpg

They appear to be for something different

Ca++

I use the black mamba gloves and a pair of these for defoliating and stem cutting.

Expensive scissors but very good and long bladed so can get in amongst a plant with only your sleeves brushing the outer edge of the plants.

View attachment 18925997
I have some sheers I like to.
iu

140mm long Electricians Scissors. Sturdy and sharp, for soft metals.
They stack up 8 bag straps here, and they get through

The same scissors will cut a dangling thread, not fold it between the blades. They have never tried to fold anything. That is quite a range, and I have took off skin tags with them to. No steel nails though, because these are a sharp set. If these were tin snips, they would have to be blunter.
I never wanted to pay the price, but once I did, well.. I can't say enough good things about them. Which is a typical reviewers response, and everybody wanted a pair.

Thing is.. I take plants down with scissors, but for defoliation, it's my thumb nails. Scissors for branches, but leaf stems I'm pinching. I don't have time to looking where the scissors go, I'm just working blind mostly. See a leaf, and reach along the stem to it's base, and sever it with my nail. I have to remember not to cut them lol

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have some sheers I like to.
iu

140mm long Electricians Scissors. Sturdy and sharp, for soft metals.
They stack up 8 bag straps here, and they get through

The same scissors will cut a dangling thread, not fold it between the blades. They have never tried to fold anything. That is quite a range, and I have took off skin tags with them to. No steel nails though, because these are a sharp set. If these were tin snips, they would have to be blunter.
I never wanted to pay the price, but once I did, well.. I can't say enough good things about them. Which is a typical reviewers response, and everybody wanted a pair.

Thing is.. I take plants down with scissors, but for defoliation, it's my thumb nails. Scissors for branches, but leaf stems I'm pinching. I don't have time to looking where the scissors go, I'm just working blind mostly. See a leaf, and reach along the stem to it's base, and sever it with my nail. I have to remember not to cut them lol

I do the exact same w my nail

exoticrobotic

I use thumbnail finger pinch for non resinous, long sharp scissors for resinous.

Only use the gloves for harvesting.