What's new

Pinky Zowahh - Karma Genetics

Howdy folks!
I popped a pack of Pinky Zowahh a few weeks ago. Thought I should log the process. I'm going to run them from clone under LEDs.
Chopped them tops off and currently have them cloning under a dome. I hope they show roots in coming weeks.

20240707_201528.jpg

20240812_120723.jpg

20240812_142548.jpg

kro-magnon

Veteran
Hi, healthy plants and roots, well done. I see you're using the Secret Jardin veg LEDs, it looks like they are really effective when I see how happy your plants are under it. What wattage are you using and how long can you veg effectively under those smell light ?
I'm interested in this system for my small DP90 box, it would be a perfect fit in this small space and you're the first grower I see working with them so a bit of feedback would be nice.

Hi, healthy plants and roots, well done. I see you're using the Secret Jardin veg LEDs, it looks like they are really effective when I see how happy your plants are under it. What wattage are you using and how long can you veg effectively under those smell light ?
I'm interested in this system for my small DP90 box, it would be a perfect fit in this small space and you're the first grower I see working with them so a bit of feedback would be nice.
Hey man! These are 2 x 20W 6500K strips, very cheap and pretty effective considering the wattage. I use them to start seeds with and have them above my clone dome. They run pretty cool so I'm able to keep these lights very close to my seedlings and keep the internodal spacing short like with T5s. Works pretty good. My plants from seed usually stay under these lights for about 4-5 weeks or until I can get a few good cuttings. Seems like you are looking for the exact same purpose for those lights what I'm using them for so I woul'd definetley recommend these lights for your DP box. I'm actually considering to get myself one of these SJ propagator boxes to keep moms and that's the type of lights I would use, only the longer model.

kro-magnon

Veteran
You're spot on, I'd get those light for seedlings and cloning and it looks like it works great for those tasks, thanks for the honest feedback. You're right if I buy some of those strips I'll get the bigger size and maybe bigger wattage.
The DP90 is super useful for small plants, I've also been able to use it as a veg tent like I was doing with DR80 or DR100 but it's quickly overcrowded if you want to grow decent sized plants, it's very versatile in its usage and precious when you lack space to grow. I live in a 2 rooms appartment who is a bit under 50 m2 so I have to use each meter to its max capacity.
For mothers and clones the DP90 is really nice and you can make two levels if you need inside.
Until today I had 2 big Sowahh plants in 15L pots and 10 seedlings in 4L pots who are about 1 month old now, I'm always surprised to see how much I can squeeze in this small tent when I take the plants in the flowering room who is much bigger.

Last edited:
You're spot on, I'd get those light for seedlings and cloning and it looks like it works great for those tasks, thanks for the honest feedback. You're right if I buy some of those strips I'll get the bigger size and maybe bigger wattage.
The DP90 is super useful for small plants, I've also been able to use it as a veg tent like I was doing with DR80 or DR100 but it's quickly overcrowded if you want to grow decent sized plants, it's very versatile in its usage and precious when you lack space to grow. I live in a 2 rooms appartment who is a bit under 50 m2 so I have to use each meter to its max capacity.
For mothers and clones the DP90 is really nice and you can make two levels if you need inside.
Until today I had 2 big Sowahh plants in 15L pots and 10 seedlings in 4L pots who are about 1 month old now, I'm always surprised to see how much I can squeeze in this small tent when I take the plants in the flowering room who is much bigger.
Sounds like we are growing in very similar type situation, I work with very small spaces aswell so I'm also trying to use every cm2 best I can. What type of setup do you run in your floweing tents?

kro-magnon

Veteran
Sounds like we are growing in very similar type situation, I work with very small spaces aswell so I'm also trying to use every cm2 best I can. What type of setup do you run in your floweing tents?
I have a Lumatek Zeus 465w, the 2,9 umol in a room where I use a box frame and it takes about 1,5 m2

20240828_102347.jpg

These clones really begged to get transplanted. Crazy noodles. #5 finally showed a few roots, she'll probably lag behind others but it looks like these plants will get a decent veg time anyways as I might have to run what I have in my flower tent a week or two longer than planned.
20240828_142336.jpg

I'll give them a few days to root into the media before I remove my hightech humidity domes lol.

I have a Lumatek Zeus 465w, the 2,9 umol in a room where I use a box frame and it takes about 1,5 m2
How do you like those lights? They seem like good quality and powerful. I'll take a look at your journals to see how your plants look under those lights. I was eyeing that 600w zeus to replace my 600w gavita, but I think it'll be too much light for a 4x4 tent. I won't be able to run it at 100% in such space. All tops will get bleached. What do you think?

kro-magnon

Veteran
For a 4c4 space a 465w Zeus makes the job perfectly. I switched to this LED in 2023 and Îm really happy with the results I got. I have a better yield than with my 600w HPS of better quality for less energy. You can watch my first grow with LED it is the Rocky Melon thread. The only problem is not enough heat in the winter so I have to use a heater on night and the old HPS dimmed when light is on

george7

For a 4c4 space a 465w Zeus makes the job perfectly. I switched to this LED in 2023 and Îm really happy with the results I got. I have a better yield than with my 600w HPS of better quality for less energy. You can watch my first grow with LED it is the Rocky Melon thread. The only problem is not enough heat in the winter so I have to use a heater on night and the old HPS dimmed when light is on
How has the led/hps combo worked for you? Did you see plants getting stressed ? Thinking of doing that combo

kro-magnon

Veteran
When I use both light I set the LED on75% and the HPS on 250 w and if the plants look happy I set the LED at 100%. I’ve made 2 runs where I used the combo and all went smoothly no stress for the plants and good result
I use the HPS /LED combo when it’s too cold with only the LED during winter. I ´d rather use some heat and light from the HPS than just the heat from a heater

Smart thing to use a little bit of heat from HPS in winter months. I'm kida doing the same thing except I run 2 flower tents in the same room in winter. One at night and one during the day to help with the temperature.
Interesting with the yield thing tho. Lumatek must make a helluva light. I run 2x300w Telos10 pro and I get better yield with 600w HPS with a fresh Gavita bulb, same clone, same feed, same everything. Whats the most noticeble quality improvement have you noticed under LEDs since switching?

kro-magnon

Veteran
The terpenes level is really higher with my LED grown buds as the ambiant temps are lower than the HPS grows you lose less terpenes to heat and it makes a big difference in the finished flowers.

20240907_124421.jpg

They rooted well into the media. Decent growth on these but they seem to be a little sensitive to nutes. I'll drop my EC to 1.5 ish to see if they prefer that better.
20240907_130747.jpg

Decided to deep top. Lets see how they respond to this. I'll give them a week to recover and if the growth is fast I'll maybe top again.
20240907_131227.jpg

Received these the other day and now I'm itching to pop a pack hehe.

Phlavorjunkee

Veteran
View attachment 19061590
They rooted well into the media. Decent growth on these but they seem to be a little sensitive to nutes. I'll drop my EC to 1.5 ish to see if they prefer that better.
View attachment 19061594
Decided to deep top. Lets see how they respond to this. I'll give them a week to recover and if the growth is fast I'll maybe top again.
View attachment 19061595
Received these the other day and now I'm itching to pop a pack hehe.
Nice Score.!!
Mann I need at least one of those 😁
Was there a US drop of these??.ive been looking!
I miss my ole Headbanger cut 😥