What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Penn. Senate Passess Marijuana Bill; Heads to House for Consideration

vostok

Veteran
708px-Pennsylvania_State_Capitol_Senate_Chamber.jpg

HARRISBURG, PA — The Pennsylvania Senate voted Tuesday to approve a bill that could bring medical marijuana to the Keystone state. The bill now heads to the House for consideration.

The 40 to 7 vote to approve Senate Bill 3 came after a brief discussion on the bill. The bill now heads to the House for consideration, where advocates are hopeful it will fare better this year than the bill’s predecessor last year.

Senate Bill 3 was introduced by Senators Daylin Leach (D-Montgomery County) and Mike Folmer (R-Lebanon County), and currently has 27 co-sponsors in both chambers of the Pennsylvania legislature — 15 Democrats and 12 Republicans.
640px-Pennsylvania_Senate_party_composition_(2015).svg.png

“This bill has had many individuals working hard to help the broadest group of people we possibly can without further delay,” Sen. Folmer said Tuesday. “I am so thankful for the additional amendments offered by my colleagues to expand the bill even further to help Pennsylvania’s suffering patients.”
170px-Seal_of_the_Senate_of_Pennsylvania.svg.png

“The support of so many in the Senate and the many, many advocates has been overwhelming and I cannot thank everyone enough,” added Folmer. “I believe in its present form Senate Bill 3 represents a balance between the advocates who want greater access to medical cannabis and those who continue to have concerns. Hopefully we have established a solid foundation for consideration and deliberation in the House.”

Link: http://www.thedailychronic.net/2015...ijuana-bill-heads-to-house-for-consideration/

DickAnubis

This bill makes the NJ bill look broad minded. Very limited in scope and with no provisions for actual supply. Like its neighbor to the East this bill will put financing in the pocket of out of state suppliers that will then procrastinate for five years and never set up a grow or dispensing faciity.
NJ has seen one facility open for the entire state with no prospects for others.
The six other companies that received start up funds are out of state and have not helped NJ residents who need these meds.
PA will be worse. Everything in PA is designed for failure despite the new Gov.
The entire system of supply needs to be re-thought before state funds are handed out with no chance of dispensaries showing up anytime soon.

Oh well, such is the sad state of affairs.

Grow your own, fuck the Fed and the States they rode in on.

Not my opinion, just a bold ass statement.

Hmmm, seems like I could use a bowl.

DA out

Latest posts

Latest posts