What's new

Parking heaters

Gry

Veteran
Saw them being spoken of on youtube, and thought they were kind of neat. Was fortunate I was pointed to a fellow named John McK47.
The guy has a background in these things, and knows them inside and out.
Fascinating watching him take them apart, explaining not just the function of, but the history of everything about them as he does.
Chinese Diesel Air Heaters - Part 1 - Overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwmU_CcmGI

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Are those for cars or what?
I have one electrical for the winter. Heats up the insides of me car so don't have to scrape icy windows. Also pre-heats the engine because it's not good if you start it cold and it's like -25 outside (Celsius). Never knew there were diesel heaters for this, but these seem like bit more heavy duty than the thing I have for my vehicle.

Then again, me godfather had a Russian UAZ van back in the day. It was a diesel. It needed to be heated up before starting the damn shit in the winter.
It had a metal plate on the bottom so you could start fire underneath it to keep it warm :)
True story. That's some Siberia shit there, you don't wanna waste gas / diesel / electricity. And the van can take it. Some smoke and/or visible ash and bubbly paint? Who gives a shit when you got wolf packs around you and cabbage soup 6 months straight?

What's good about driving in Siberia is that there is no traffic, at all. Not even during rush hour. No rush hour either.

YAY-YAY!

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I can't see the link, but I know of diesel heaters. You will find one in the cab of most lorries. I worked in the local service center for some time, where we were often on boats sorting them out. Though I can't even remember how you spelt the brand name now. Eberspecker or something. The Chinese one's available now, are much much cheaper.

I saw a tent in a tent for winter camping earlier. I guess the combination could work. I have ducted from the car blowers to my tent before. When needs must, n all that

edit: worked on a beetle once. Air cooled engine in the boot. So for a cabin heater, they fitted a 12v hair drier lol