What's new

Panama x Malawi - limited edition

sgka

Veteran
As mentioned, here they are before relocating. Far too big. Pulled them into two tents and thinned them up a bit. Still too big!
IMG_8070.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you managed to give them more space @sgka :yes: all the best for the flowering stage!

Hi @Chemimbalance this sativa hybrid needs a southern latitude with a warm autumn to finish properly. Anyway, it's always interesting to test the genetics outside of their limits to see how they react. They are thriving in veg, no doubt about it :)

sgka

Veteran
Noted @dubi. I fed an extra week with the jacks bloom fertilizer (normally only one week) as we were away on holiday. Picked it back up with the standard 321 on Monday; so assuming we'll see a bit of a bounce back next week

early_bird

Veteran
@sgka Your Girls looking awesome.
They should still gain lot of weight till harvest, mine was fattening up till the end :)

Are theese plants all from the same mother or how many phenos do you have in there ?
Just some unknown plants from seed or selected ones ?

Last edited:

sgka

Veteran
@sgka Your Girls looking awesome.
They should still gain lot of weight till harvest, mine was fattening up till the end :)

Are theese plants all from the same mother or how many phenos do you have in there ?
Just some unknown plants from seed or selected ones ?
There are only two in here, a Panama x Malawi female I've been running for about a year, and SSH which I've been running for 4 years. Both were my mothers for SOG, I switched to big pots now that plant counts matter. They're in 10gals

sgka

Veteran
Another week goes by, week 8 flower on Tuesday.

Panama x Malawi just getting fatter. No concerns there.

SSH continues to grow taller, almost looks like it's foxtailing to me, a trait that it only exhibits in the summer grows. Open to suggestions on how to reduce this, or just time perhaps? Currently on 12/12, reduced rate jacks 321 (60%). Typically she finishes around day 84. I dialed the lights back a tad, and will cut the nitrogen down.

Attachments

• IMG_8618.jpeg
    IMG_8618.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_8619.jpeg
    IMG_8619.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Old Fogey

Another week goes by, week 8 flower on Tuesday.

Panama x Malawi just getting fatter. No concerns there.

SSH continues to grow taller, almost looks like it's foxtailing to me, a trait that it only exhibits in the summer grows. Open to suggestions on how to reduce this, or just time perhaps? Currently on 12/12, reduced rate jacks 321 (60%). Typically she finishes around day 84. I dialed the lights back a tad, and will cut the nitrogen down.
Is that an oscillating fan in the corner of the tent ? I tried growing in an open room for a few years and learnt a lot about the effect fans will have depending on where they are positioned.

Fans will often pull hot air from up near the lamp down onto or through a particular, isolated area of the grow before moving it around the overall space.

The main cola on the SSH is probably being affected directly by being close to the lamp but the foxtailing on the lower tops can be explained by hot air being pulled through the area by the fan.

I have my oscillating fan on the drainage tray beneath the canopy, with the centre of the oscillation pointing towards the corner and it then sweeps air in turn along two sides of the tent.

I have seen far less heat damage with this setup. I Iost maybe a gram to mold in my most recent grow from one tiny spot on one of the main colas, most grows I see none at all.

Peace

Edit: I flipped only 11 days ago, by the end of the stretch the canopy will have fully covered the grow area above the fan.
20240722_163208.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts