What's new

OUTDOOR GROWS 2024 ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE-

Maria Sanchez

Day 192: 135V + 57F

Family pic

PXL_20240928_040710780.jpg

Left: two re-vegged Super Silver Sour Thai Neville girls ('Sticky' and 'Fluffy' phenos)
Mid: two seed-stock Grail Project (fast pheno) x ThaiFrican girls, plus seven tiny SSSTN 'Sticky' x ThaiFrican seed plants
Right: one re-vegged Grail Project girl (NLD pheno)

Old Piney

Any tips for harvest techniques
So I got this , I think it may have been @moose eater who gave me the idea but maybe not. I use sterilite storage bins for curing. The one's with the claps and the foam gasket work best. So I'm lazy and don't have the time to trim and jar all the weed so fast. I just dry it on the sticks and then put it in the bins sticks and all to start my cure. It works great I take my time trimming and processing and no burping all those jars, just one big bin . it really takes the stress out of harvest. I finish my cure in the bins vacuum seal in bags whenever

Last edited:

moose eater

So I got this , I think it may have been @moose eater who gave me the idea but maybe not. I use sterilite storage bins for curing. The one's with the claps and the foam gasket work best. So I'm lazy and don't have the time to trim and jar all the weed so fast. I just dry it on the sticks and then put it in the bins sticks and all to start my cure. It works great I take my time trimming and processing and no burping all those jars, just one big bin . it really takes the stress out of harvest. I finish my cure in the bins vacuum seal in bags whenever
I've used something similar to those with desiccant in the bottom and hardware cloth in frames sitting above the desiccant to dry psilocybin mushrooms, but I haven't cured weed in them.

I once used a similar set up as my mushroom 'rapid drying chamber' to remove a trace of excess moisture from buds when someone was in a rush and in from out of town, maybe 20+ years ago.

farmerfischer

A friend of mine does this same thing..
I may try it this year seeing how I've got my hands full this season..

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the tip, would make it easier. I think oxygen depletion is part of cure, but maybe its more about slowly drying out that last little bit over time, which helps keep the resin full of moisture and protected from terpene/potency loss.

High humidity until tuesday, and taking their time to dry, so going to start baking and using the stove with the house somewhat sealed up. Don't have a dehumidifier. They are above the cupboards anyway, so its warm up there. Have fans going for circulation.

Old Piney

Thanks for the tip, would make it easier. I think oxygen depletion is part of cure, but maybe its more about slowly drying out that last little bit over time, which helps keep the resin full of moisture and protected from terpene/potency loss.

High humidity until tuesday, and taking their time to dry, so going to start baking and using the stove with the house somewhat sealed up. Don't have a dehumidifier. They are above the cupboards anyway, so its warm up there. Have fans going for circulation.
As I understand it during the cure that I believe can be up to 6 months you need air but don't want it to dry out. After the cure for long term storage no oxygen is optimal .what do you use to deplete oxygen? I've heard that some people use hand warmers for dry food storage. Another technique is to displace the oxygen with nitrogen gas , that's how they store apples .

moose eater

As I understand it during the cure that I believe can be up to 6 months you need air but don't want it to dry out. After the cure for long term storage no oxygen is optimal .what do you use to deplete oxygen? I've heard that some people use hand warmers for dry food storage. Another technique is to displace the oxygen with nitrogen gas , that's how they store apples .
When mine are just right for long-term storage, I seal them in two layers of Food Saver bags, double seals at both ends, and put them into the larger upright freezer in the bottom drawer at -20 f. They will, in fact, continue curing, but very slowly.

When I vacuum the air out, I stop just shy of crushing the product with a button on an older deluxe machine that interrupts the vacuum, and another button that engages a manually activated seal.

Latest posts

Latest posts