What's new

Ornithology

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Raptors are out in force due to the warm weather. Also seeing bluebirds, robins, Carolina Wren, and Horned Larks. The typical cast are at the feeder furiously chowing down during the weather break.

A taste of Spring!

saw several large hawks yesterday up in the Toe River headwaters in NC yesterday. raptors fascinate me. got lucky and saw a golden eagle a few years back while deer hunting. bald eagles easy to spot below a few TVA dams around here at times. no bluebirds yet, waiting for the hummingbirds to come back. next to turkey hunting, they are the highlights of spring for me.

k-s-p

Veteran
I just moved back to the UP and live along the SW coast of Lake Superior. Many other lakes around too. The avifauna, especially shore and water birds, is crazy. I need to get my binoculars fixed.

^^AOH, the Toe River drainage is nice.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
^^AOH, the Toe River drainage is nice.
i was lost first time i ended up riding around in the area. missed a turn near Sam's Gap someplace. :smoke: the scenery along the river is just stunning to me. gorgeous. want to find a cabin to rent REAL close to the water, and take our kayaks & canoe...plus fly-fishing gear of course...:dance013: