What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

One section of my lm301H isnt lighting up!

I know nothing about working on LED's or with electrical equipment at all, but if there's a simple fix that you might know about I would attempt it. Thought maybe i'd be one of the many success stories of those that bought a cheap Chinese light, but here we are. KingBrite.

Thank you all.

Attachments

• kingbrite malfunct.jpg
    kingbrite malfunct.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 54

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I know what you're talking about when a light you depend on malfunctions. I don't think trying to fix it is in your best interest friend. If one panel blows out then the others are likely to. Plus you don't want to take chances with having a fire or breathing poison fumes from burning wire. I would toss it and get another one.

Rocket Soul

I know nothing about working on LED's or with electrical equipment at all, but if there's a simple fix that you might know about I would attempt it. Thought maybe i'd be one of the many success stories of those that bought a cheap Chinese light, but here we are. KingBrite.

Thank you all.
Thats a broken pcb, not much you can do to fix it. Try to get another one from kingbrite. My condolences.

Rocket Soul

You think I should turn off the light until I replace the bar, or you think it will be ok to run for a week or so. I'm in 12/12 btw.
Best would obviously be to not having to run the light until its whole again.
If you have no choice but to run the light:
- Make sure whatever cable connecting to the strip isnt a danger, closing of access to whatever is its connector so there isnt a source of live electricity in your grow.
- if you want to make sure the remaining strips arent pushed harder than standard spec you need to reduce the output a bit.

closing of access to whatever is its connector so there isnt a source of live electricity in your grow.
The Live end does have a chunky female connector on the end so it does feel pretty safe to have unplugged(it's not a loose male end). Does "closing of access" mean a piece of tape?

Rocket Soul

Not knowing how the connectors look like i had to give general info, basicly any solution that doesnt have live electricity in an accessible way. Remember im not really recommending you do this unless you have no other option and you need to turn the light down a bit aswell otherwise the other bars will run too much power

Latest posts

Latest posts