What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

norstar genetics

oceangrownterps

wondering if anybody has ever grown any of their genetics? and what you think about them? I currently have The maestro, frisco og and alcatraz in seed packs that i got from harborside in oakland. but haven't gotten around to pop em...

oldCounty

I've grown the maestro from them and it's dank. Had 4 females, the OG leaners are bomb and have a cheesy/diesel funk, the urkle leaners also but can take 2 weeks longer. They urkle leaners aren't as loud but they're just as potent and I think may yield better because of the chunkiness in the bud structure. Maestro will probably dominate my outdoor garden this year.

I've also seen vitners moonshine and it was really nice. Reminded me of a GDP with vigor, didn't get to taste the finished smoke except for early cut. Someone I know also grew the sweet kiss and pretty wicked I believe, I didn't get to see or taste it but he couldn't believe how strong they were and probably hit 13-15'

I want to test out Lands End or Alcatraz OG this year, just based on the results from the frisco og being used in the maestro.

Last edited:
I love norstar genetics mannnn. Theyre so affordable i was skeptical at first haha. Ive grown 'Pretty Wicked' (chem d x purple mayhem) nice light purple to burgundy/pink colors, super frosty, with a nose like strong grapefruit. Banana D (Chem d x banana og) super frosty, super sticky, with an exquisite nose, gas and banana. super fine sexy bitch. Midnight fire is probably the craziest strain i grew from him. I cant even explain it. frosty everything. taste like cocaine when you smoke it in a joint. really wild strain. Ive grown 'Blackhole' (star wreck x purple mayhem,free tester) dank frosty purple with a nose like terpentine and grape gum. for testers they were very consistent. I just picked up some maestro, vintners mooshine, and goo chee for this years outdoor. I havent grown a strain from him that i didnt like.

I may pop Some of their Bubba Fresh soon, which says Pre' 98 Bubba Kush x Banana OG. Or i may pop the Bubba Affie which was a tester that says Bubba Kush x Pure Afghan.
I believe the Afghan used is one of their Violet which has cbd i believe.

D

daddylonglegs

I have a black hole keeper as well! Terpentine grape gum is the exact way I describe it too! So sharp of the initial smell... Amazing stuff ... Doin some big work outside as well

D

daddylonglegs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 33
D

daddylonglegs

I wonder if that's the trainwreck with the permanent marker / turpentine smell of if its from the Tibetan or African parents ... Doubt it's the purple mayhem ... Thoughts ?

D

daddylonglegs

Holy moly , I just did the quick seed finder family tree on it , has quite the background from all across the map

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a pack of Zapotec. I suppose no one here has grown it? It is a Oaxacan x Colombian Gold.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
I ran there purple meyhem back in 2011. Straight dank with nice yield n nose. Lost it to broad mites:( One of the best purps I've ran...

OP

D

daddylonglegs

Hey Oliver , on your mayhem , could you describe your leaves and branching if you recall? I have a mayhem cross that's a beautiful purple. But I'm wondering where the rest of the genes lean ... Thanks

Breadwizard

I just popped a tester from norstar; "solar wind"

Cross is [urkle x chernobyl] x purple mayhem. Hoping for some purple dank, or a nice looking dude.

I've also got the Zapotec waiting in the wings, but there's some time before those get popped.

picture.php
at a couple of weeks, showing leaf variegation.

Breadwizard

Here's the same Solar Wind as shown above, turned out to be male, I've never seen (in person) such purple on a male, or the standing tricombs.
picture.php

He was kept super small to control the volume of pollen, topped a few times and kept in a 4" pot. The mite damage is left over from my battle with the spider mites. Under control now inside, this guy was banished from the grow room for obvious reasons.

Latest posts

Latest posts