What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

NIH looking for Cannabis farmer

redlaser

Veteran
It seems the national Institute of Health is looking for a new grower since their current contract is up at the end of the year. They are looking for someone with 12 acres and a greenhouse, backup systems etc. I'm sure many will have no issues dealing with them. This is the same entity that denies all or most every cannabis study that might actually show a benefit. https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode= form&id=703339589c7ee8079fb39673da254e6c&tab=core&__cview=0 Item number NOIDA-15-7793 EDIT: that last link isn't working, try this one instead. http://time.com/3194786/marijuana-research-national-institutes-of-health-pot/

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
Good question, but I don't know what they need per lb. Do they even charge people for it ? My knowledge is pretty limited on the subject. The handful of people that get it from there have said it's pretty pitiful weed. One of the patients in their program is pretty outspoken, think he's a lawyer or accountant. I think they get 180 rolled joints in a metal round tin every month. Or at least that's how it used to go out.

dddaver

Veteran
I think they grind up the whole plant. Leaves, stems, everything. I heard buds gummed up the cigarette rolling machines, so they fixed that. ;-P

But that doctor running the show at U of Miss. is getting pretty old and probably wants to retire.

It sounds just like something the gov't would do. Instead of fixing the problems at hand, like their nasty sub-par product, and finding a new director to bring in, it sounds like they are moving the entire the operation and starting again from square 1. :ying:

All this, yet I have heard the rumor that the G-13 they use has superior genetics. Probably a land-race being as old as it must be.

They'll probably will just go ahead and screw that all up too while they are busy screwing the pooch.

Latest posts

Latest posts