What's new

Netherlands Drug Testing Policy?

I'm an American thinking about going to college in the Netherlands and then living there. My question is whether they drug test for safety sensitive jobs like say a Doctor, Surgeon, or Orthodontist? Do they drug test on any jobs?

boosh

If you think of becoming a doctor or surgeon or somethink like that and worry about drugtests you are not worth becoming one.

Ummm yeah...i have friends who are becoming lawyers who get high all the time. I guess they are not worth becoming one either. The difference is their career doesn't have drug tests. Say I have a passion to be a doctor and I like to get high on the weekends, what is wrong with me having a concern for a drug test that would jeapordize my career?

boosh

I just don't like the idea of having a surgeon operating on me that's still spaced out from the weekend.

I don't believe we do drug testing overhere unless you're working for an American firm. Don't taken my word for it.

I'd love to do some drugstests by the way.

Puffin13

Lifetime Supporter
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NO. There is no drug testing in The Netherlands. There is no "War on Marijuana" in Holland, as there is in the usa. Peace.

XtraStillLyfe said:
I'm an American thinking about going to college in the Netherlands and then living there. My question is whether they drug test for safety sensitive jobs like say a Doctor, Surgeon, or Orthodontist? Do they drug test on any jobs?

Flutch

Yeah I am in the USA right now, and I am Dutch. I have not smoked now in about 40 days and looking for a job. Can't wait to light one up again soon! :joint:

but have to have a job first before I will start smoking again.

Flutch