What's new

need help asap please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scratchgrow876

Whats good icfam.so I have a 50 amp outlet for my electric stove and I want to use marine co eel y adapter so I can have my stove plunged up and my panel which I'm only running 2 600 watt lights,plus fans etc so I would say 1800 watts max.now based in my research and I'm no pro took a couple classes back in the day I can safely run 1800 watts on a 50 amp circuit but this would be the maximum range on a 15 amp circuit.anyways does anyone think I can I can pull this off running 1200 watts of light constantly SAFELY!!?.
search

this is the marine co supply cord.the panel I want to use is rated at 30/50 amp and can power up to 12000watts.thanks for the comments and advice

J-zee

I need u to hollar at me cause i want to look more into this but i need u to change the breaker out to a 15 amp not the 50 amp that feeds it now, thats where i need u to be safe. I will hook u up on info but im just about to board a flight to the most un fruendly state in the country n yes i brought a lil gift along. Snap me a pic of ur breaker panel, at the latest il be around tonight
http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-50-Amp-250-Volt-2-30-Amp-Y-Adapter/dp/B009IJLVDO

J-zee

The breaker cant do its job if u pull more than u need that breaker needs all the way up to fifty anps brfore it can do its job...

J-zee

Adapters arnt that good to use , id rather see u with a small cheap sub panel with the correct breakers for load and wire size

scratchgrow876

Thanks a lot appreciate it. And I get exactly what you're saying.I had my doubts thought about power cords.anyways I havenr gotten the panel yet but that's the one I'm set on and nothing else so I calculate all my parameters from using this panel.www.dxhydro.com and its the deluxe 30/50 amp controller.all the APCs are there

ganjourno

I ran 2400 watts off my stove with no issues - I could use the stove and oven at the same time with no problems. But it's important you put a 15A, 220V breaker in between the stove and your lights. And make sure to use 220v since it's half the amps (1200W is 5.5 amps at 220v and 11 amps at 110V).

iTarzan

The stove is most likely 240v. Are your lights? Not trying to say you would be that bad at electric stuff. It just is that I have been that dumb so I ask to protect you.

I knew a dryer was but I never realized electric stoves were.

blastfrompast

Veteran
If you have room in your panel box, why not just run some new lines?

Fishing cable can suck, but you only do it once.