What's new

my truck is possessed!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
maybe not the truck, technically, but it electronics. the brightness of the dash lights (speedometer, gas gauge, all that shit you don't need to know) vary by an alarming amount. sometimes it's just joshing me, saying things like "your tailgate/backdoor is ajar " or "your hood is about to fly off and kill someone" or just randomly leave my FM favorite to make me listen to a pitch for SiriusXM. had to hit source/FM to hear the rest of the music. pulled this shit on me 4 times the other day, twice in a two minute span. "you really need to ..." i have never HAD Sirius, how are these CSers changing my radio to hear their offer? ???

Dime

You maybe have some water on the switches or sensors or sticking,try wd40 to drive out the water,check battery terminal ground for corrosion if you get dim or erratic lights, you should be able to remove the tailgate without a light coming on or drive with it down(my buddy has a 2020 and the fob was the problem for some reason but he can drive with it down),check for loose connection or unplug it and see if it sorts it out. Does it come on when you put it in reverse,is it a power tailgate? It could be the handle itself.I think if backup cam partially sees plate it can trigger it,if you have a tonneau it could interfere with it shutting completely,check engine lights are emissions 99% of the time,2015-2018 had a tailgate recall. Electrical gremlins suck