What's new

My experience with sciatic nerve pain.

MrHamilton

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I would love to be able to micro dose lsd if I had pure/clean lsd. I bet it would be great for pain, and mental health.

Extreme sciatic flair-up= cannabis suppository and dedicated daily walking of a couple miles. This has and does work for me after 30 years, 4 surgeries, 15 years of Dr Feelgoods “miracle” drug OxyContin, every other pharmaceutical they were pushing, countless physical therapy sessions, blah blah blah…..

Inactivity to “rest” it is your worst enemy.

Edit: Miracle is sarcasm BTW, OxyContin is straight evil for anyone with any hint of addiction/abuse issues, such as myself.

Last edited:

blondie

You guys are lucky to get pain killers at all. I’ve spent three years of daily pain, some days extremely strong. Finally a year ago a confused doctor thought I’m in the spondyloarthritis category, though I didn’t really make sense for that dx. My basement grow is the only source of relief I get, and that only does so much. The traditional meds haven’t worked on me yet.

I’ve got peripheral involvement.. ribs chest and elbows recently hips/sciatica are acting up. I can’t take my fucking socks off without stabbing pains.

What strains work for you guys? I’ve been in a sativa for energy kick but think I’m needing something else.

CharlesU Farley

There is research dating back many decades showing potential of LSD for pain from cancer, cluster headaches and so on.

Here is an example from a modern low dose study:

LSD 20 µg significantly increased pain tolerance (i.e. immersion time) by about 20%, while decreasing the subjective levels of experienced painfulness and unpleasantness. Changes in pain tolerance and subjective pain perception induced by LSD 20 µg were of medium to large effect size and comparable in magnitude to those observed with the CPT after administration of opioids, such as oxycodone 20 mg (Cooper et al., 2012) and morphine 10–20 mg (Ravn et al., 2013) to healthy volunteers. The findings were also statistically robust.

And here is from a classic study on cancer patients.

“Describes the use of psychedelic drug therapy to alleviate the emotional and physical suffering of 50 23-81 yr old terminal cancer patients. In 43 patients, 200-500 mcg of LSD was orally administered as an adjunct to brief intensive psychotherapy. In 7 patients, 60-105 mg of dipropyltryptamine [DPT] was administered. Results were assessed using a clinical rating scale reflecting (a) the degree of depression and psychological isolation; (b) difficulty in management; and (c) acceptance or fear of death and pain. Pre- and posttreatment ratings indicate significant improvement on most of the clinical assessments and a trend toward a reduction in narcotic medication. Brief case histories are presented.”

The fact they are even able to do in depth studies like this with two five is simply astounding to me, about five decades too late, unfortunately. The guy who started Alcoholics Anonymous, Bill, was successfully treated for his alcoholism by two five, that's a fact. That's where he came up with the idea for the support group. Paul Stamets, the mushroom guru, was cured of his lifelong stuttering affliction by taking a inadvertent, massive dose mushrooms and being up in a tree during a thunderstorm.

Talk about a set and setting. o_O

So Hai

The fact they are even able to do in depth studies like this with two five is simply astounding to me, about five decades too late, unfortunately. The guy who started Alcoholics Anonymous, Bill, was successfully treated for his alcoholism by two five, that's a fact. That's where he came up with the idea for the support group. Paul Stamets, the mushroom guru, was cured of his lifelong stuttering affliction by taking a inadvertent, massive dose mushrooms and being up in a tree during a thunderstorm.

Talk about a set and setting. o_O
It would be a good addition to the AA/NA program. I had not heared that about Stamets but it reminded me of a similar story regarding allergy to cats, turns out it was from Andrew Weil.

oldmaninbc

You guys are lucky to get pain killers at all. I’ve spent three years of daily pain, some days extremely strong. Finally a year ago a confused doctor thought I’m in the spondyloarthritis category, though I didn’t really make sense for that dx. My basement grow is the only source of relief I get, and that only does so much. The traditional meds haven’t worked on me yet.

I’ve got peripheral involvement.. ribs chest and elbows recently hips/sciatica are acting up. I can’t take my fucking socks off without stabbing pains.

What strains work for you guys? I’ve been in a sativa for energy kick but think I’m needing something else.
I have been taking pain medication(morphine) for over 10 years. When people started dying frequently from drug overdoses here in British Columbia about 5 -6years ago, it became extremely difficult to get a prescription for pain meds. I had to jump through hoops with my family doctor to maintain my prescription . I came into his office one day and before he would fill my script I had to go to the lab(right away) and have my blood drawn and checked for several types of drugs. I had to commit to going to a pain clinic for 2 days, which actually turned out to be a good thing. I use to take around 60-70mg of morphine a day now I am down to 15mg of slow release morphine that I take at bed. At the pain clinic I learnt how meditation and breathing exercise could help relieve the stress of pain. When I look back I probably caused a lot of my own pain by doing things I should not have been doing.
I have degenerative bone disease from my waist up to and including my shoulders, cervical spondylosis from moderate to severe. That's what I take the morphine for. For the sciatic nerve pain I take 900mg of Gabapentin. I also have lung pain from Asbestosis.
I think of cannabis as a pain distraction, more and stronger doses of cannabis does not equate to pain relief for me, if anything too much THC causes undo pain. I had to find the right amount that focused on the distraction from pain and not to influence it. I don't use much cannabis during the day, if I do it would be a sativa with no burnout. Most of my pain starts about mid-afternoon and by early evening I am laying down to take the weight of my head off my spine, that was something else I learnt at the pain clinic. I like an evening strain that relaxes my muscles/frame of mind and helps me sleep. I think each individual has to find the strain that best works for them. For a more moderate pain I like something with the Cookie X strain in it. For something stronger, a pure Afghani or some strain from that geographical area. If a person has the means, buying an indica leaning landrace and looking through for something with different cannabinoids, you might find what your looking for.

Latest posts

Latest posts