What's new

Multiple questions about the cannabis industry, its players, pitfalls and potential

Boio_

Hello Everyone,

to preface this post I want to mention, that I am by no means an experienced growing albeit a passionate one. In my family, due to state regulations, we have some real estate which can not be let to private parties or for business, leaving it unused. The legalization of cannabis in many states all over the world has peaked my interest in the matter and before I consult anyone official, I tried to find out information for my self, but quickly realized it would be a lot more effective to simply ask people who already are in the know.

Here are the questions that came to mind:

1. For states in which growing is legal already, is there a distinction between medicinal and recreational cannabis when it comes to selling it? I know that in Cali it is possible to get a license to grow 99 plants, but it read like it would still be only for personal use. So is all cannabis sold medicinal and with it has to fulfill the regulations in terms of THC and CBD percentages? With the new legalization coming up in Germany for example it is impossible for someone without a very large capital to start a business in the industry, as there are regulations for THC and CBD percentages as well as a multitude of safety regulations.

2. Do the regulations usually become less tight once cannabis has been legal for a while, making it easier for smaller business owner to enter the industry?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards
Boio

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
From what I have read, if you want to make a small fortune in the pot business, start with a large one.

Boio_

flylowgethigh You hit the nail on the head. After doing some more research I highly doubt there is anything to be done unless one already has the monetary means to get the licensing and rent the necessary real estate.

Amynamous

I believe it depends on the state in question.
Some states make it more expensive to enter the legal pot game than others. Oklahoma, for example, charges $2500 for a full blown medicinal license(grow or dispensary). My state charges 10K to apply and you’d better have at least another $100K available if you get accepted.

Latest posts

Latest posts